daily pic

1621888214067.png

Not my picture and I know it is a few years old as I have seen it before but came across it again

N685PA.jpg

A neat catch, a Castle Aviation Saab 340, now flying cargo but left painted in the full colors of Pen Air over 1 year after they merged into Ravn! Was very surprised to find out this Saab was being flown around in these colors without so much as an "operated by" sticker anywhere to be found. Seen sitting in HWD after a APA-LGB-HWD-APA charter, one of many over the several months by Castle Aviation involving pets\animals.

Interesting info, thank you. I was told the aircraft were "wet leased" from Elite Airways, with that of course meaning the plane AND crews\other services are provided and Set Jet would simply be selling tickets and advertising the flights. I had heard this was happening when the idea was still a concept and ahead of the first flights, I am not sure if since then Set Jet has leased their own planes directly and hired crews.
Slaaaaab! I miss those.

So I took time off for the sake of sanity, and I've been enjoying the weekend weather, time away from the constant radio chatter, and pictures aside, even the phone. These are from a walk around Deer Island, MA, which overlooks the entrance to Boston Harbor. In the first shot, that's a Winthrop water tower which happens to be next to the wastewater treatment plant. Odd placement, but this whole area has undergone some serious environmental rebuilding into the 21st century and the Harbor has never been cleaner. The second and third shots look back toward Point Shirley, which that red white and blue tower overlooks Winthrop. You've probably seen it as a visual landmark on approach into BOS's runway 27 once or twice.

I'll be back on for three quick days before I'm off again for family affairs, but it's just been such a humbling reminder getting away from the speed and all the hubbub.

20210605_131129.jpg

20210605_131528.jpg

20210605_131822.jpg

20210605_140129.jpg

Don't ever forget to take time for yourself. The likes don't add up as well as time off with friends and family.

Who says dreams can't come true....?

Came across the 1976 C150 I soloed in 1978 at age 16 which started my aviation journey. In 3 months I'll make the last entry in my logbook. It's been a good ride!

For all those just starting out....keep dreaming of the possibilities. Sometimes they come true!

C150.JPG

MD side.jpg

MD sunset.JPG

Back