Browntown

Yeah. Don't do it. It's a nightmare, I hear. There is a RFD-ANC 76 during the week I think some guys don't know about. There are a couple SDF-RFD flights that make a good connection to it.

Hey, I asked for the truth, not rainbows. Thanks.

I'm wondering whether driving up to CVG and hitching on the DHL/Amazon birds is workable.

Thanks to all for the gratz. It was a long road. As I may have bloviated on previously, the first job...well, ok, the first 100% legal paid-over-the-counter job I ever had was marshalling UPS airplanes on the SDF ramp in the late 90s, straight out of priso...er high school. Come to think of it, it's not improbable that I marshalled @DE727UPS in to or out of a spot on the old North Ramp back when he was in...the 727. Brown was always the goal in the back of my mind, but by the time I was 15 years in to a 135 "career", I'd subliminally decided that it was just never going to happen for me. And I was ok with that (I really was, I've liked every flying job I've ever had...to varying degrees).

DO NOT DO THIS. Don't get comfortable. Even if you really like your job...if there's a place you want to be even more, keep after it. I've made some *nearly* spectacular missteps in my career, but it turns out (as far as I can tell) that if you're competent at the actual job and just present yourself candidly, people not only can but *want to* give you a chance. Give them a chance to give you a chance.

None of this is to take away from any of my previous gigs, by the way. With the exception of one slightly shady operator of Beechjets, I have only (ok, MOSTLY) fond memories of everywhere I've flown. I met a lot of great people along the way. I also met @DPApilot and @CK. *pause for laugh-track*. And Omni has been a great place to be, as well, even if I had to ride around with @EIR on occasion. Highly recommended, just make sure you can write really well in a logbook and sleep easily in an *almost* flat seat.

Since I'm on a namechecking rampage, I sincerely (*cough* feels weird) want to thank @scooter2525 for keeping me focused on this as a legit possibility and holding my hand (not like that) and of course @Derg for, you know. All of this. Cue the waterworks. And if I left anyone out of my weird Oscar Acceptance Speech, just know I was only trying to leave space for the commercials, love you all.

But I'm diluting the after-school-special message I was shooting for. Something like, you know. Be persistent. But seriously, do.

...and that's when the class was cancelled. I kid, I kid! I hope.
I think the only time I’ve been happier was when my god daughter was born. I love that little girl. You deserve this in ten fold.

Back