Furlough

Barring a last minute miracle (or an extension of the CARES act, which probably would also count as miraculous at this point) it now appears the furloughs at UA will be happening effective November 1st.
Considering negotiations were forced to be halted until after the election, this looks like a snowball’s chance in hell.

See you all around the industry. This big world of ours gets awful small, awful quick, when aviators just want to work.

AA gave recall rights to the probationary dispatchers.
143 AA dispatchers were furloughed, that included the ones still in training.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk
How many aircraft has American parked?

Can confirm this is true. The union implemented cost saving measures all the way back in March and those cost saving measures are in affect until the end of January. Its enough money saved to satisfy the company's requirements to not furlough. No furlough and no paycut for any dispatcher.
The two HDQ's (AAL & SWA) are less than 20 miles apart by distance but are worlds apart in philosophy. Thanks for the info.

In better news, TSA screened a million passengers yesterday for the first time since COVID and my shop has discussed the possibility of having a class sometime in February, as long as things continue to trend up for us. Nothing set in stone yet, but it feels like light at the end of the tunnel...hopefully.

In better news, TSA screened a million passengers yesterday for the first time since COVID and my shop has discussed the possibility of having a class sometime in February, as long as things continue to trend up for us. Nothing set in stone yet, but it feels like light at the end of the tunnel...hopefully.
I hate to say it but don’t get too excited yet. Things were trending up in June/July and took a tumble because of a spike in cases. Cases are spiking again, and with the election right around the corner, I have a feeling things are going to turn into anarchy in November. I hope I’m wrong. How this effects the general public flying, who knows, but it won’t help. The industry cannot afford another nose dive in travelers.

Back