172 Patrol Pilot (West Texas/New Mexico 400TT)

srn121

$23 an hour and supposedly $35k a year is what they say. They want a one year contract.

$23 an hour and supposedly $35k a year is what they say. They want a one year contract.

I'll definitely put an app in right now. But are they actually hiring? This posting has been up continuously for the past 2 yrs.

I'll definitely put an app in right now. But are they actually hiring? This posting has been up continuously for the past 2 yrs.

No idea as some of these job listings are just padding, but it's always been my motto to apply, apply, apply as you never know who from and when you'll hear back. It was posted to indeed twice in the last two days so I'm guessing they have an opening and they're looking for someone immediate and I'd imagine they've got a good sized fleet as it's nothing, but oil rigs down there. The bad part is it's low level over desert so you'd better be comfy with turbulence and you might be stuck somewhere like Odessa which can at times be expensive when oil prices are high (oil's cheap right now) though it sounds like they might help you out with housing if I remember right.

No idea as some of these job listings are just padding, but it's always been my motto to apply, apply, apply as you never know who from and when you'll hear back. It was posted to indeed twice in the last two days so I'm guessing they have an opening and they're looking for someone immediate and I'd imagine they've got a good sized fleet as it's nothing, but oil rigs down there. The bad part is it's low level over desert so you'd better be comfy with turbulence and you might be stuck somewhere like Odessa which can at times be expensive when oil prices are high (oil's cheap right now) though it sounds like they might help you out with housing if I remember right.

Applied!

Ive applied here a couple of times, never heard anything back, but I guess now that Im officially unemployed I may as well go ahead and apply again!

Ive worked out here in the area in my previous career, I really hope they have some form of housing assistance like the ad mentions, because its an expensive place to live!

Good luck!! I always found on jobs that were hiring on short notice or with a lot of time on the road to let them know how flexible I was in my email or cover letter when I was a lower time pilot.

Also if you're still looking for a low time gig the Pictometry world had a bit of a shuffle and now Eagleview (the company Pictometry merged with) has their own fleet and pilots I'm guessing. If you haven't yet applied maybe this would be a good option, but I know they upped their minimums and part of me is thinking this may be for an Aztec. I just saw it pop up a day ago on indeed.

Also I'm still not sure if these guys are still around, but I'd believe so from their website and they used to fly for Pictometry. The season is rihght around the corner and it might be worth an App.

Ive applied here a couple of times, never heard anything back, but I guess now that Im officially unemployed I may as well go ahead and apply again!

Ive worked out here in the area in my previous career, I really hope they have some form of housing assistance like the ad mentions, because its an expensive place to live!

I was looking on craigslist and it doesn't seem that bad any more as I know I saw a few interesting jobs out there over the years, but never considered them with how much rent was. Who knew oil prices would ever come back down so much and I can't help, but feel a bit bad for the industry.

Back