Does a CRJ2/7/9 have a hepa filter?

I certainly never saw a reference to it in the 8 years I flew it. Definitely smelled like smelly socks a lot though.

Not in front of the manuals, but the 200s don’t have a recirc system and company tells us “it’s all fresh air” (at such annoyingly low PSI and all directed at your ankles...). 700/900s have, per company, air filters in the recirc system.

OK. So... here's the problem. Your filter is clogged. Typically it is oil from the engine and other crap getting into the filters from the air being compressed.

Listen, I know this is going to scare you all flying -200's but this is how badly your ECS is taken care of, something Delta fixed when they bought EDV (while paying us what they paid us). When you have new filters the air comes out exactly as fast and cold as the air does on the CRJ900 with the fan off. It is amazing. After a week it starts slowing down. If your -200 has low flow, you have to do the writeup and get MX to go change the filter. I spent a decade at a regional, I get it how useless regional MX is, your place is probably worse than mine was. Get those ECS systems written up and new filters in the Air Cycle Machine and enjoy the cool air the -200 does provide, it's actually reasonably comfortable in the back with working filters.

If you have comically low flow on the ECS your filters are clogged and MX doesn't change them until you write them up.

OK. So... here's the problem. Your filter is clogged. Typically it is oil from the engine and other crap getting into the filters from the air being compressed.

Listen, I know this is going to scare you all flying -200's but this is how badly your ECS is taken care of, something Delta fixed when they bought EDV (while paying us what they paid us). When you have new filters the air comes out exactly as fast and cold as the air does on the CRJ900 with the fan off. It is amazing. After a week it starts slowing down. If your -200 has low flow, you have to do the writeup and get MX to go change the filter. I spent a decade at a regional, I get it how useless regional MX is, your place is probably worse than mine was. Get those ECS systems written up and new filters in the Air Cycle Machine and enjoy the cool air the -200 does provide, it's actually reasonably comfortable in the back with working filters.

If you have comically low flow on the ECS your filters are clogged and MX doesn't change them until you write them up.

OPS CHECK GOOD

OPS CHECK GOOD
Screamer isn't kidding but here's the truth.

When you write it up for the third time the Feds show up.

Planes were never meant to takeoff, get to 26000 feet (I'm looking at you -200) and get hotter and hotter. While it is the nickleback of the sky, the -200 is flown by mostly pilots who've lost all hope. Let me be your pep talk. Be professional and care about the passengers and your life gets better. Screw the company, if they buy filters in bulk and theyll save. It doesn't have to be a POS plane.

ERJ-145 air filter:

61tQrfKYCdL._AC_SX522_.jpg

You assume they would actually change them at other airlines :(. Eventually there is a point where you just play their game and have delays stack because an empty plane is 30C and wont cool down.

You assume they would actually change them at other airlines :(. Eventually there is a point where you just play their game and have delays stack because an empty plane is 30C and wont cool down.
Again, write it up for the 3rd time and you'll see lots of changes

As long as it’s been 120 days, they get another 119 days to get it fixed, riight? And the APU, you don't need that in the summer. The hot cabin is part of the virus-mitigation plan.
I don't care if they deffer it dude. Past 95 we don't even get in the airplane. In the Saab days (northwest) we'd just bring the plane back if it couldnt keep the heat down. One year no one would board without aircarts so we delayed every damn plane, guess what we had 2 days later delivered by truck. You know when the external air carts are new the air coming out for the first few days smells like the rubber hoses?

I know regionals suck guys, either do something about it or don't bitch.

Back