CRJs are no longer French Canadian

If they restart the turbowhacker rice rocket production line we could be talking :D

Don’t get @Boris Badenov spooled up on that one.

They bought it because 1) that snowmobile company wants out of commercial aviation (but they’ll keep the Globals, etc) and 2) they need the CRJ-series support infrastructure in place in order to sell the MRJ.

Don’t get @Boris Badenov spooled up on that one.

They bought it because 1) that snowmobile company wants out of commercial aviation (but they’ll keep the Globals, etc) and 2) they need the CRJ-series support infrastructure in place in order to sell the MRJ.
Oh believe me, I know it'll never happen. But boy oh boy would I be happy to have a 2030 model option to replace my 1979 -60 when the time comes. Fantasies :)

But wait, what about that thing that was like the size of a 700 but was updated and had like 50 all business seats?

But wait, what about that thing that was like the size of a 700 but was updated and had like 50 all business seats?

I’ll just add that I‘m not sure how they’ll market the two lines when they appear compete with each other. Even Textron culled the Beech herd to hold on to Cessna biz jet sales.

Originally, I was thinking of the Premier, the real Hawkers, and the 4000. But weren’t those killed off earlier in the bankruptcy?
I imagine having to try and support those airplanes is a challenge, it certainly seems like it if you call tech ops when you're working on one. My disdain for Hawkers is well documented and deserved.

Bombardier's aviation side is hurting. C Series was essentially given to Airbus. Q400 line was sold off. Now the RJ program is gone. 35 employees were let go from the flight test department last week in Wichita because now the Global 7500 and CS300 are developed, the company has nothing on the drawing board.

They now make the Lear 75 (meh), Challenger 350 (great plane), the Challenger 650 (80s design that has nothing going for it other than cabin size), and the Globals (which seem to be selling pretty well).

Bombardier's aviation side is hurting. C Series was essentially given to Airbus. Q400 line was sold off. Now the RJ program is gone. 35 employees were let go from the flight test department last week in Wichita because now the Global 7500 and CS300 are developed, the company has nothing on the drawing board.

They now make the Lear 75 (meh), Challenger 350 (great plane), the Challenger 650 (80s design that has nothing going for it other than cabin size), and the Globals (which seem to be selling pretty well).

They should go ahead a drop the 650 and the Lear 75. Unfortunately, a used 300 is essentially the same price or cheaper than the 75. The 650 is barely fitting between the Challenger 300/350 and the Global 5000/5500(when its developed). The 650 doesn't really have the performance to be in line with the rest of the fleet. I hear that there will be a 375 coming out in the future which will be a 350 with fusion avionics, autothrottles, and a HUD.

So the regional theater is now a match between the Mitsubishi CRJ200/700 & the Boeing 145/175s.

Which one will win the dogfight.

They should go ahead a drop the 650 and the Lear 75. Unfortunately, a used 300 is essentially the same price or cheaper than the 75.
But they’re pretty different size and class aircraft so that’s apples to oranges. They really don’t seem to be pushing the Lear line though. Which is too bad, it sounds like they finally ironed out most of the Lear-isms and made a fairly solid airplane.

Back