Allegiant DX'ers get a contract

This concludes 2 years of negotiation including an initial contract that was voted down. Decent boost to work rules, great healthcare, no improvement to schedules, and pay...well...lets just say there was no raise. Not in the same ballpark as Alaska and Spirit.

At least we have Frontier to pity.

Teamsters Dispatchers Ratify Contract With Allegiant Air
With the way healthcare costs have SKYROCKETED over the past few years, that's important. Depending on the terms of the contract WRT healthcare (e.g. lower premiums and/or deductibles), the DXers could have gotten a de facto raise out of the deal.

This concludes 2 years of negotiation including an initial contract that was voted down. Decent boost to work rules, great healthcare, no improvement to schedules, and pay...well...lets just say there was no raise. Not in the same ballpark as Alaska and Spirit.

Even if you didn't get everything you wanted, it's good to get a contract on the books so that there are some work rules in effect, and get everyone used to having union representation/protection. Next time you can shoot for Spirit pay.

Just curious, what do you mean by "work rules" and how did they improve in the contract? I've heard a few people from G4 talk about work rules and how they needed improvement, but I'm not exactly sure what they meant.

Just curious, what do you mean by "work rules" and how did they improve in the contract? I've heard a few people from G4 talk about work rules and how they needed improvement, but I'm not exactly sure what they meant.

Examples include Junior Assignment policy, trickle bids, ability to grieve attendance points.
With the way healthcare costs have SKYROCKETED over the past few years, that's important. Depending on the terms of the contract WRT healthcare (e.g. lower premiums and/or deductibles), the DXers could have gotten a de facto raise out of the deal.

This true regarding lower total deductible and lower max out of pocket costs.

Back