MH-139 it is!!

I'd love to get my hand's on a surplus UH1, if they ever make it to the public.

The UH-1 is a fun bird to fly. Granted I only flew H/V models and haven't flown our N models in our fleet here, but I like the single-engine classics. Great bird to fly.

The UH-1 is a fun bird to fly. Granted I only flew H/V models and haven't flown our N models in our fleet here, but I like the single-engine classics. Great bird to fly.
There is a volunteer outfit here that flies them for the local PD’s. Once my Army time is up, I’d love to fly it for them.

All that effort.... to buy a helicopter the coast guard has been flying for decades.

Good job Air Force.... something wrong with the Lakota? Since we bought a crap ton of them?

For personal reasons I am enjoying that Boeing got it. I feel though this is what Airbus did for the tanker contract and Boeing threw a fit and won the rebid. Now Boeing seem to be doing it for the heli's and the KC-390.

"Well our requirements are different....." for a general purpose helicopter that is only ever going to operate domestically.

Funny thing about that is for very little effort you could make the Lakota a deplorable aircraft.

CMWS, or even more forward thinking, next gen CIRCM isn’t that hard a problem to solve. It would have been fantastic to have a couple of those to do battlefield circulation of VIPs with in the rear so we didn’t have to burn all the bank time off of our Hawks and Chinooks as Combat Uber for people with birds/stars on their shoulders.

Funny thing about that is for very little effort you could make the Lakota a deplorable aircraft.

CMWS, or even more forward thinking, next gen CIRCM isn’t that hard a problem to solve. It would have been fantastic to have a couple of those to do battlefield circulation of VIPs with in the rear so we didn’t have to burn all the bank time off of our Hawks and Chinooks as Combat Uber for people with birds/stars on their shoulders.

I will make a donation to the Veterans organization of your choice if you will get me a picture of a VIP on one of your Hawks or Chinooks (stars or birds on shoulder is fine) with a viewable shot of the aircraft window and an Uber/Lyft sticker on it.

Blur the faces if you need to, but I want that photo. You made me laugh out loud today. Combat Uber indeed...

I will make a donation to the Veterans organization of your choice if you will get me a picture of a VIP on one of your Hawks or Chinooks (stars or birds on shoulder is fine) with a viewable shot of the aircraft window and an Uber/Lyft sticker on it.

Blur the faces if you need to, but I want that photo. You made me laugh out loud today. Combat Uber indeed...

The Brigade before us actually got Uber and Lyft onto the ATO for a bit before somebody caught on and quashed it.

I told @Nark they missed a golden opportunity to make a commercial for their taxi service.

“Are you a field grade officer who thinks he’s too important to ground convoy to the FOB 9 miles away? Do you like the sound of screaming turbines while you gaze out a window onto a featureless desert? Well come on down to Erbil Air taxi services. Your destination is just a call and tens of thousands of dollars in blade hours away.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually looked into buying the pink mustache, but it was somewhere around $100 and said F it. Not to mention, people freaked out about "visibility" when we put a white binder on the dash. I didn't want to get sent "south" because COL so and so didn't share my humor.

But seriously, we were a combat uber.

I’m prett sure there was a Vietnam Huey unit with a mustache on the nose. I thought it was the Cowboys of the 335th AHC, but I did find this from the Outlaws:

0B849FB3-21A7-477E-B8B8-61040940ED0E.jpeg

Last edited:
God dammit. This new software patch for iPhone is really pissing me off. It reset all my learned text abbreviations and such for auto correct.

I've given up. Especially since I use the dictation feature.

Back