Timbuk2 Luggage

USN88

Copilot Luggage Roller

Thinking of switching from my 22' LW Stealth to this bag. I went from the pax world to the freight world, and lugging my heavy LW bag up and down the stairs to the airplane is becoming pretty gnarly... thinking of something lighter and less piloty.

This bag is half the weight, but I worry it won't hold up. Anyone use it?

It looks like it has an odd layout. I don’t want to open my bag to get to little storage pockets for regularly used items.

Abiut a year ago I ditched my luggageworks as well and got thi instead. Osprey Ozone Wheeled Luggage - 22

So far it’s bern great. It’s super light, appears small from the outside, yet I feel it holds just as much as my LW did.

The model I have accomadates either the ozone backpack or currier bag by sliding it over the handle, but the new one they just came out with has a hook.

Other pluses are that it’s got large wheels so you don’t have to get a running start when exiting an elevator and has one of those warranties that you can use forever for any reason.

Copilot Luggage Roller

Thinking of switching from my 22' LW Stealth to this bag. I went from the pax world to the freight world, and lugging my heavy LW bag up and down the stairs to the airplane is becoming pretty gnarly... thinking of something lighter and less piloty.

I don’t have experience with their rolllers but the messengers are bomb proof. I’d assume the same quality here.

If you’re not gate checking your bag a couple days a week the Stealth Air is fantastic. All the things that rock about a LW with the weight of a plastic frame. I love mine.

I got the Timbuk2 a couple months ago and love it. Haven’t had it long enough or gate checked it yet to speak of its durability. It’s way lighter than the Strongbags tank I dragged around for years. It’ll hold just as much.

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Fits easily under the 737 jumpseat
- Plenty adequate for a 4-day trip

Cons:
- Clamshell design is awkward on hotel luggage racks
- No included strap to hang a flight bag off the back.
(I’m using a Velcro-attached clip strap from a different piece of luggage)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Copilot Luggage Roller

First off, if my decrepit old butt can drag an LW up the stairs you can too. :)

Second, I rock an Osprey Sojourn for my personal travel bag and the thing rocks. https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/sojourn-45l-22-SOJOURN22_302.html

Light, rolls on big wheels, nice build quality and has straps so you can wear it as backpack when you're hoofing it through some small town in Mexico with small boulders for sidewalks. If you're not checking it five time a month it'll probably last a lifetime.

If I didn't have to heave my stuff into the idiotic razor-sharp snag fest that is the 73 storage bin and that shreds stuff for fun three times a day it'd be my only bag. Seriously, what were Boeing thinking?

Copilot Luggage Roller

How many steps does that light twin have anyways, 5? :)

Costco Wholesale

I've had better luck with Costco than anything else. Granted I only fly about 350 hours a year but I do use it almost weekly for trips to the family as well so I pretty much live out of this bag.

I don’t have experience with their rolllers but the messengers are bomb proof. I’d assume the same quality here.
Of interest to me, for pure nostalgia purposes, some of the propaganda I mean ads for their "never check" luggage on the Timbuk2 website was filmed in CRJ Country SFO.

Back