Hawaiian Airlines

harunaka10

I have a close friend who lives in Honolulu, and have really been considering applying at Hawaiian Airlines in the future. Could anyone give me tips on what they look for experience wise? Like how much you should have before you bother applying..? A follow up being what are good ways to prep for the job interview when it eventually comes. Sadly, I have no ETOPs experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bud, it’s really hard for them to get qualified people from the states to go there because of the starting salary and cost of living there. They are very upfront about it during interviews. You just have to know what you are getting into. Supposed to be an amazing company to work for once you get in there.

My plan was just to save a years worth of rent before applying. I figured that would be enough to get my roots in. I don't know how long it would take to move up to a pay scale where Hawaii felt affordable though.

Bud, it’s really hard for them to get qualified people from the states to go there because of the starting salary and cost of living there. They are very upfront about it during interviews. You just have to know what you are getting into. Supposed to be an amazing company to work for once you get in there.

FAKE NEWS. I know 3 people that work in dispatch at HA and they and I will tell you this is not true. Those guys were all "qualified". They get a •tee ton of apps. People move over there all day long. Sure, its not easy but its doable.

FAKE NEWS. I know 3 people that work in dispatch at HA and they and I will tell you this is not true. Those guys were all "qualified". They get a tee ton of apps. People move over there all day long. Sure, its not easy but its doable.

You misunderstand. It’s not that they don’t have qualified people, they do. My point was the cost of living and starting wage are prohibitive for many. It is a great company that spends a lot of time and money doing interviews for people who will eventually not accept the position. I’m not sure what a tee ton is but most people that apply I think are surprised by their starting salary.

No one has followed up on the topic of how the interview process goes and how to prep for it though. I get there's a debate on whether it's worth living Hawaii or If they keep candidates but it deviates from the original topic. Anything along those terms?

Back