Ameriflight

Anyone know why AF cannot keep pilots in Albuquerque ? I've noticed there is frequently an opening there.
I was based in ABQ when I was at AMF..It's a good base, but at the end of the day it's Ameriflight and it's a revolving door. I was considered an old timer for having stuck around for 16 months in the current environment. Most bailed after 6

Thank you both, I really try to form my own opinions, but this thread is here to help others from making poor choices. Thanks for the time savings, I have only considered them since I only have 660 hrs, so I'm really limited. Looks like I'll try to do something in Alaska or find something right seat corporate.
I'm a do'er not a watcher and the thought of flying 2 hrs/ day with a 10-12 hr duty day just sounds, very not for me.

Thank you both, I really try to form my own opinions, but this thread is here to help others from making poor choices. Thanks for the time savings, I have only considered them since I only have 660 hrs, so I'm really limited. Looks like I'll try to do something in Alaska or find something right seat corporate.
I'm a do'er not a watcher and the thought of flying 2 hrs/ day with a 10-12 hr duty day just sounds, very not for me.

Not all runs are the same, some are 2 hours per day, some are 5. 10-12 hour duty day sounds awesome, where can I sign up for that? Seriously though, I flew plenty of runs that were 14-15 hour duty days, sometimes more putting me into an extended rest period. Since you only have 660 hours, I believe there are some corporate gigs that hire around 500 hours, I'm out of the loop on who, so you'll have to do your own foot work on that.

Not all runs are the same, some are 2 hours per day, some are 5. 10-12 hour duty day sounds awesome, where can I sign up for that? Seriously though, I flew plenty of runs that were 14-15 hour duty days, sometimes more putting me into an extended rest period. Since you only have 660 hours, I believe there are some corporate gigs that hire around 500 hours, I'm out of the loop on who, so you'll have to do your own foot work on that.

AMF is about bidding the high time runs, and bitching non-stop about the layovers so that no-one else bids them next time... Get time, get out.

I was based in ABQ when I was at AMF..It's a good base, but at the end of the day it's Ameriflight and it's a revolving door. I was considered an old timer for having stuck around for 16 months in the current environment. Most bailed after 6

Just think, there are guys that have been there 10+ year now lol...

Just think, there are guys that have been there 10+ year now lol...
I'll never for the life of me begin to understand why someone would do that to themself....I could understand if they were management, but as a line pilot? Good god..

Is there ANYONE at AMF from 10 YEARS ago??! wow... Although I look back "fondly" at my time there, especially in SJU/BQN, I was so fed up after 3 years, I cant imagine anyone staying longer than that!

Is there ANYONE at AMF from 10 YEARS ago??! wow... Although I look back "fondly" at my time there, especially in SJU/BQN, I was so fed up after 3 years, I cant imagine anyone staying longer than that!

The only ones left are the ones that love the suck and couldn’t get hired anywhere else. There are a few Amerilifers still circling the bowl.

Im amazed... really. But at least the pay has improved! And my QOL wasnt horrible in the Caribbean. OAK, BUR, and PDX on the other hand was horrible!

Im amazed... really. But at least the pay has improved! And my QOL wasnt horrible in the Caribbean. OAK, BUR, and PDX on the other hand was horrible!

I look back fondly at the friends I met and stayed in contact with, and some of the flying was fun. But OAK was a nightmare I will never get rid of, and as a whole, management was the worst I have ever seen, and that includes everyone from the top down.

yep. Mr A.L. was a total ***K! I have so many stories about that guy while I was based in BQN. haha! But thats half the fun of looking back on it all. It was major at the time, but now I just laugh

Last edited:
yep. Mr A.L. was a total PRICK! I have so many stories about that guy while I was based in BQN. haha! But thats half the fun of looking back on it all. It was major at the time, but now I just laugh

Ya it seemed major at the time for sure. The ones that thought they were big time, still think they are, but in reality they never were and still aren’t lol.

I think then there is a special place in hell for the bow tie base manager of OAK.

MW is still going strong last I heard

E2D7EAB6-BFD5-42F1-9C45-47AB2A877455.png

Is it just me or did they play themselves here?
B0A80F65-B5F9-4096-8EA7-13AEE8033133.gif

Last edited:
Back