Norwegian expansion

And that as for coach? The price for the Norweigan flight was OW and they go to Gatwik, not Heathrow.

BA is a little more expensive than domestic airlines, but that PHX-LHR direct flight is always full or close, and expensive. For a round trip leaving May 10th and returning the 26th, being the cheapest dates next month, the PHX-LHR flight on BA is $1430. There's just no good competition to bring the price down. The same dates from LAX, on the other hand are $600 on BA. Because, of course, there are $450 flights available on a locust.

Costco makes me happy.

Except for their electronics department as they don't have the remotes for their television displays.

I'm a software nerd. My Vizio television has software that was written by some airlines IT department.

Side bar:

What series class is that Vizio?
I'm looking for a Vizio high end 65 class, 4k P-Series, with all the extras for Christmas, because I can't afford my top picks a Samsung SUHD. Or an LG OLED.
If you have a P-Series, is it any good? It's marketed as quality 4k, on a budget.

Consumers could care less.

Oh no, I agree that consumers could care less. But the hilarious part is when the hotel they want to stay at or the restaurant isn't exactly part of that model.

My airline ran some fare sales several years ago and the caterwauling about what Paris, in peak season, was charging for hotels and the price of beer was hilarious.

I fly with NAS quite a bit, they leave straight out of FLL to ARN, i usually get a round trip ticket for around 400$ and then i dont have to non rev to a major city and grab a flight to AMS and then to ARN. Usually 3-4 legs for me otherwise.

Yup. I've heard people that have practically used the same breath to criticize automaker unions and say that our union is somehow different...then take a shallow breath to say that they're voting anti labor because "you know...the emails."

Plenty of people take a more nuanced and thoughtful approach to voting for politicians beyond their theoretical union enthusiasm based on their party affiliation.

So, I take it you've never used Lyft or Uber, since that's exactly what they're doing to the cab industry right now?

Can you blame the traveling public for trying to get the best value for their money?

Personally, I want to go to London on vacation next summer. I live in Phoenix. My options are to pay one of the legacies(probably AA or BA) way too much money to sit in a sardine can of a 10 abreast 777 economy cabin, or I can spend less, schlep on over to LAX, and fly Norwegian's pseudo premium class and be exponentially more comfortable. That's not a tough decision.

Still waiting for the meaning of "onerous" regulations. Labor laws? Safety standards? Which regulations are that silly to you?

Still waiting for the meaning of "onerous" regulations. Labor laws? Safety standards? Which regulations are that silly to you?

Then feel free to ask the person that made that statement, which wasn't me.

BA is a little more expensive than domestic airlines, but that PHX-LHR direct flight is always full or close, and expensive. For a round trip leaving May 10th and returning the 26th, being the cheapest dates next month, the PHX-LHR flight on BA is $1430. There's just no good competition to bring the price down. The same dates from LAX, on the other hand are $600 on BA. Because, of course, there are $450 flights available on a locust.

I can only assume BA makes a killing on that route because it’s always expensive, mileage tickets are never available, and they’re adding a second 747 flight on certain days of the week this summer.

I hope they're making a killing on that route. I'm not sure any airline would be in business if they're packing a 747-400 from PHX to LHR with award travelers and deeply discounted fares.

I can only assume BA makes a killing on that route because it’s always expensive, mileage tickets are never available, and they’re adding a second 747 flight on certain days of the week this summer.

Hopefully.. It wasn't a great targt for rewards, because the last time I checked they were using the only old First aircraft in the fleet. Looks like they have upgraded those at last. IAH is usually a good option for Award fares, and econ flights are usually under 1K.

I hope they're making a killing on that route. I'm not sure any airline would be in business if they're packing a 747-400 from PHX to LHR with award travelers and deeply discounted fares.

You should see what BA charges in taxes and fees even for a transatlantic economy award ticket.

Perhaps none of them. But whether they are "silly" or not is irrelevant. The fact is they exist, and give NAI a competitive advantage. You can complain all you want about how NAI is unfair, but they're probably not going to change their behavior, so you may have to change yours.

Got my quotes all messed up. My bad.

Perhaps none of them. But whether they are "silly" or not is irrelevant. The fact is they exist, and give NAI a competitive advantage. You can complain all you want about how NAI is unfair, but they're probably not going to change their behavior, so you may have to change yours.
Anyway, to this one, I took it to mean "our regulations are too strict to make our carriers competitive and we need to get rid of some of them", which might not have been your intent.

Got my quotes all messed up. My bad.

Anyway, to this one, I took it to mean "our regulations are too strict to make our carriers competitive and we need to get rid of some of them", which might not have been your intent.

I'm not talking about getting rid of rules per se. I'm saying that this NAI thing is a game changer. They're the first, but there will probably be others. Like it or not, the rules they operate under give them a competitive advantage. U.S. carriers are going to have to figure out a way to compete with them. That likely means a change in which the way do business.

I'm not talking about getting rid of rules per se. I'm saying that this NAI thing is a game changer. They're the first, but there will probably be others. Like it or not, the rules they operate under give them a competitive advantage. U.S. carriers are going to have to figure out a way to compete with them. That likely means a change in which the way do business.
It shouldn't be a race to the bottom in compensation and labor laws.

Back