Strabismus and Class I medical

JayAlarm

Are there there members here who have passed the class 1 medical exam that also have stabismus. I have just begun the paperwork to submit to my AME. A little nervous and just seeing if there is anyone that can help ease my mind over this. Thanks

You should more than likely be fine -- I have the same issue and have asked a lot of pilots about it, none of whom had any major issues getting a Class 1.
Post #10 in the link has information specifically about strabismus.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/eye-evaluation-form-8500-7-soda.221426/#post-2464033
Thank you. Went to one of my doctors yesterday to get a status report for the AME. He write that I have 6 - 8 diopters esotropia. FAA website says that if you have more than 6, but no other evidence of double vision or anything, they won't withhold. I just hope that's true!

Are there there members here who have passed the class 1 medical exam that also have stabismus. I have just begun the paperwork to submit to my AME. A little nervous and just seeing if there is anyone that can help ease my mind over this. Thanks
One of my Indian students had a worse condition... Stab Missimus. That's where you chronically don't trim correctly. Thankfully, in many nations, it's not disqualifying. ;)

Back