Multiengine Training in Arlington, TX

I did my multi with them but four years ago so my info may be dated. I was pleased with everything during my time there. The planes aren't the prettiest but did the job. You won't get much multi (at all) before the checkride (I had 4.2 total including checkride) and you'll hear a few folks saying its just a rating mill, but I can honestly say I learned a lot and you still had to know your stuff well for the checkride. I actually went down to do my flying and weather set in for days after I completed my training, so I had to come back a couple of weeks later to do the checkride. I think you get up to 5 hours dual total if needed so the weather situation may have been the cause of my low amount of flight time. The mockup helped to figure out where everything was in the plane and you got ample time to practice that when you were doing your ground. They used to send you all of the study info beforehand so you could have all the numbers already in your head. One of their instructors picked me up at DFW and shuttled me between the hotel during training and back to DFW when I left. All in all, a quick, inexpensive outfit, but I was pleased with my time there.

If I recall correctly, they had to do a gear-up in one of their travel airs a few years back - the local news got video of it.

I may be wrong, but I THINK it was these guys at GKY.

I did my multi there as well. You certainly aren't going to leave feeling proficient in a twin, but you will be ready for the checkride and come away with your ticket. I even had the FAA sit in on my ride (for the oral), and it was no problem at all. It served its purpose, and a few months later when a multi opportunity came along I was able to jump on it while others without the ticket couldn't. I STRONGLY recommend getting your multi ASAP for that reason alone.

I did my multi there as well. You certainly aren't going to leave feeling proficient in a twin, but you will be ready for the checkride and come away with your ticket. I even had the FAA sit in on my ride (for the oral), and it was no problem at all. It served its purpose, and a few months later when a multi opportunity came along I was able to jump on it while others without the ticket couldn't. I STRONGLY recommend getting your multi ASAP for that reason alone.

I know I have to get it done ASAP! I have the TT (well the ones that count helicopter time) to qualify for a lot of jobs but do not have the multi rating or time!

I did my multi with them but four years ago so my info may be dated. I was pleased with everything during my time there. The planes aren't the prettiest but did the job. You won't get much multi (at all) before the checkride (I had 4.2 total including checkride) and you'll hear a few folks saying its just a rating mill, but I can honestly say I learned a lot and you still had to know your stuff well for the checkride. I actually went down to do my flying and weather set in for days after I completed my training, so I had to come back a couple of weeks later to do the checkride. I think you get up to 5 hours dual total if needed so the weather situation may have been the cause of my low amount of flight time. The mockup helped to figure out where everything was in the plane and you got ample time to practice that when you were doing your ground. They used to send you all of the study info beforehand so you could have all the numbers already in your head. One of their instructors picked me up at DFW and shuttled me between the hotel during training and back to DFW when I left. All in all, a quick, inexpensive outfit, but I was pleased with my time there.

Thanks for the info!

That place was a joke 6 years ago, and I'd be surprise if it's not a joke still. Those Travel Air's look like death traps.

I got my multi there, the ground is great. The flight time and training is lacking. Expect 5 hours of multi time when you are done and a passed check ride where you did little more than flail about in the sky. Don't be surprised if the plane catches on fire.

Thanks for the reponses everyone! Looks like the twins are kinda like Shebles. They are old junk piles but get the job done! I assume they either have a staff examiner or use the same one for all the checkrides. Im not afraid of an old airplane as long as its a safe old airplane!

Tom filled up? I sent him a note two weeks ago and he got me in the schedule for Oct 29/30

Yeah, it was about the same time I contacted him. He said first of Nov. would be the first slot he had. I really want to get it way before then but I'm keeping Toms place an option either way.

Yeah, it was about the same time I contacted him. He said first of Nov. would be the first slot he had. I really want to get it way before then but I'm keeping Toms place an option either way.
Gotcha. Hopefully you get it sooner, if not, maybe I'll run into you up there...... Short drive for me

Anybody remember the name of this place? Trying to fill in the blanks on applications and I don't even remember the name of this place.

BaylorPilot, I think the name used to be Clyde Fredrickson's Multi Engine Training. I got my multi-com with them back in 2002 when they were still out of KRBD. I'm not entirely sure though.

That place was a joke 6 years ago, and I'd be surprise if it's not a joke still. Those Travel Air's look like death traps.
They really do, and this is 2 pilots who flew at UPS feeders saying this. It's not their age that scared me but their maintenance, I have time in a Dash-8-100 that was close to being sent to the breakers for exceeding life limiting hours, and god knows how many hours those Najavos jtrain flew had.

One of my instrument instructors was the dude that ended up on TV in that blue trap. I felt so sorry for him being a youtube star after.

They owed money to a bunch of places. They were sued, and their assets were liquidated. One of those travelairs went for like 30k at the sheriff's auction.

Back