Key limes back in the news.

gne in prog

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/01/21/kansas-plane-crash/22116331/

Small plane headed from Denver to Kansas crashes

COLBY, Kan. - The same company that was involved in a fatal plane crash in Centennial in December 2014 is in the headlines again after another one of their planes crashed in Kansas.

Key Lime flight 169 was going from Denver to Colby, Kan,, which is about 10 miles northeast of Goodland.

The pilot reported an engine problem and attempted to land on a road.

The plane landed safely in a field.

It had substantial damage.

There were no injuries to the pilot or anyone on the ground.

The crash is being investigated by Key Lime, the FAA and the NTSB.

(KUSA-TV © 2015 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Key Lime would benefit from a media consultant and some local philanthropy.

Otherwise, whenever you type in Key Lime, all you're going to see are negative things.

It would likely cost them more to bury search results than their insurance must cost.

Hmmm, seems like the mx should be looked at with a fine tooth comb at this point. Oh well, no one actually cares. It's just boxes.
I don't know about the case at hand, but it's not impossible to have a run of crappy luck especially when operating old, high time airplanes. Sometimes old crap breaks. Course key lime doesn't have a good rep otherwise so maybe there is other stuff going on.

I don't know about the case at hand, but it's not impossible to have a run of crappy luck especially when operating old, high time airplanes. Sometimes old crap breaks. Course key lime doesn't have a good rep otherwise so maybe there is other stuff going on.
Ya but to have 2 mx related crashes in like a month or 2..... Preventative mx goes a long ways.

Ya but to have 2 mx related crashes in like a month or 2..... Preventative mx goes a long ways.
Been there, done that, got the tshirt. You're right about preventive mx, but sometimes there's contributing factors. Of course those contributing factors often involve an operator not doing what it takes to attract and retain good personnel, or give them what they need to do their job, but yeah. Anyway.

Terrible MX is the business model at Key Lime. They're a known quantity.

Terrible MX is the business model at Key Lime. They're a known quantity.

Seems like power lines may have caused the MX issue.

21-JAN-15 14:54:00Z N66906 GOODLAND KANSAS PIPER/PA31 ACCIDENT SUBSTANTIAL 0 N66906 KEY LIME FLIGHT LYM169 PIPER PA 31 AIRCRAFT STRUCK POWERLINES AND FORCE LANDED IN A FIELD, 10 MILES FROM GOODLAND, KS

Yeah the right engine looks as though it was not running (or at least not running very fast) on landing. I would guess that he lost it and hit the lines during his forced landing. Which raises the question of what the DA is there and why he couldn't make it to an (air)field. Left one looks like it was running...

Although hmm, neither is feathered...

Seems like power lines may have caused the MX issue.

21-JAN-15 14:54:00Z N66906 GOODLAND KANSAS PIPER/PA31 ACCIDENT SUBSTANTIAL 0 N66906 KEY LIME FLIGHT LYM169 PIPER PA 31 AIRCRAFT STRUCK POWERLINES AND FORCE LANDED IN A FIELD, 10 MILES FROM GOODLAND, KS

That doesn't say much really. Did it hit the power lines during the emergency or did the power lines cause the emergency?

Yeah the right engine looks as though it was not running (or at least not running very fast) on landing. I would guess that he lost it and hit the lines during his forced landing. Which raises the question of what the DA is there and why he couldn't make it to an (air)field. Left one looks like it was running...

Although hmm, neither is feathered...

Been a long time since I flew one, but maybe he didn't have the RPM to feather it (anti fathering locks). Our am I pulling turbo prop knowledge out?

Been a long time since I flew one, but maybe he didn't have the RPM to feather it (anti fathering locks). Our am I pulling turbo prop knowledge out?

Pistons have anti-feathering locks but they're unlikely to cause a problem unless you get way too slow (?)

Back