These Vacation Offers

jayd1038

So my company gets a few vacation offers faxed in every so often, always seeming to be way too good to be true.

The one that we received via fax the other day says "Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Hawaii, or Jamaica, 6 nights 5 days for $99 per person, all-inclusive." Date is open for a full year. Can only call for reservations. Sent from "Corporate Traveler" but is supposedly from our HR.

I asked a few co-works and nobody seemed to have any idea on these. Now I know working for an airline has its perks, but this seems fishy to me. I'm from the belief "If it smells like crap and looks like it's crap, it;s crap." My one co-worker who has been there for many years made it sound as if it were legit but I am still skeptical.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff? What's the catch? lol

My wife and I used to do the free vacations in exchange for us visiting one of those timeshare properties. I am not sure if this is the type of deal that your fax is, but we actually had some great trips. We went to a few of the Caribbean Islands, Mexico, and several places in the US. We would stay for 3 or 4 days (sometimes 6), and then have to spend at least 3 hours listening to them talk about how great time shares are. They usually fed us breakfast at the presentation. We always said no, and never bought a thing.

If you don't mind listening to high pressure sales tactics and saying no, then a timeshare visit trip is not a bad deal.

Once we had kids, we pretty much stopped doing it. But now, the kids are a little older, and I have flight benefits. Non-rev travel and free (or $99) hotels for 5 nights...deal!

My wife and I used to do the free vacations in exchange for us visiting one of those timeshare properties. I am not sure if this is the type of deal that your fax is, but we actually had some great trips. We went to a few of the Caribbean Islands, Mexico, and several places in the US. We would stay for 3 or 4 days (sometimes 6), and then have to spend at least 3 hours listening to them talk about how great time shares are. They usually fed us breakfast at the presentation. We always said no, and never bought a thing.

If you don't mind listening to high pressure sales tactics and saying no, then a timeshare visit trip is not a bad deal.

Once we had kids, we pretty much stopped doing it. But now, the kids are a little older, and I have flight benefits. Non-rev travel and free (or $99) hotels for 5 nights...deal!

Doesn't say anything at all about timeshare presentations or any presentations, but maybe that's trick haha. I mean it sounds amazing, and since I wouldn't have to worry about a flight, it would be nothing to do that if it's legitimate. I am just always cautious about things that sound way to good.

Most of the time, I have found these offers to be more expensive than if you were to plan it yourself, but a lot of my trips are off the beaten path. The girlfriends parents did take a re-positioning cruise from a similar organization. Once they got through all the upsale, and only took options they wanted, they had a great time.

My wife used to work for one of the largest time share brokers in the country. They make Jordan Belfort look like a saint. Fees tacked on to free are a regular tactic.

Back