Current Gulfstream G-IV First officer pay

Pilot Hiring

Hello guys,

I was hoping that I could get some guidance on what a 2 year First officer should be getting paid on a GIV that flies a good amount of international trips. I have already looked at the NBAA figures from 2012, however it seems that it is pretty far off what the current industry is paying. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Pay them what they're worth! They're flying a large class cabin aircraft internationally. If you can afford this level of airplane, then you can pay your guys and gals.

I would guess south Florida, but they wouldn't even ask the question in the first place.

@SpiceWeasel I agree with what you and Stone Cold are saying, but the reality of the industry is otherwise... A large point of contention is typed or not, and we all know that most charter companies have different pay scales and budgets, right or wrong...

As the fleet ages initial aquisition costs are dropping dramatically. This is going to allow some bottom feeder management companies to convince someone who has no business owning a G-IV to aquire one and put it on their 135 cert. This is a recipe for a crappy experience for everyone, pilots, mechanics, passengers, and most of all the uninformed guy who bought the the airplane.

Looks to me like 90,000 is the going average. Typed with experience? It looks like 100+ is reasonable.
I've never seen the NBAA rates to be much off the mark. Unless we're talking Florida.

Looks to me like 90,000 is the going average. Typed with experience? It looks like 100+ is reasonable.
I've never seen the NBAA rates to be much off the mark. Unless we're talking Florida.
in florida they would pay some mixed package of base salary plus block hours with some promise of x hours for a grand total of maybe 50,000, with no real stipulation of per diem just "be reasonable with the company card"

and then it turns out you type yourself and are 24/7 on with no scheduled days off (135 regs anyone? 13/quarter yea?)

florida aviation is a fickle beast. I don't know how anyone can do it knowingly breaking regs left and right

in florida they would pay some mixed package of base salary plus block hours with some promise of x hours for a grand total of maybe 50,000, with no real stipulation of per diem just "be reasonable with the company card"

and then it turns out you type yourself and are 24/7 on with no scheduled days off (135 regs anyone? 13/quarter yea?)

florida aviation is a fickle beast. I don't know how anyone can do it knowingly breaking regs left and right
There are so many bad and illegal operations down there I have no idea how you could compete being legit.
One guy I know who flew a lear for a operation in Florida had the FBI show up a couple years later and ask him a lot of questions, they took copies of his logbook so they could trace everywhere the airplane had been.

This is going to be a really fun time in the industry as these operators are going to be hurting so bad for pilots because of the hiring going on. FL operators are a funny thing, but so are GIV operators as a whole. I know a buddy that was making 45k as a GIV FO out of VNY working 20/10. Uhhhh WHAT?!

This is going to be a really fun time in the industry as these operators are going to be hurting so bad for pilots because of the hiring going on. FL operators are a funny thing, but so are GIV operators as a whole. I know a buddy that was making 45k as a GIV FO out of VNY working 20/10. Uhhhh WHAT?!

Sadly I think that is a case of SJS.

"I CANZ FLY A GULFSTREAM???? I'LL DO IT FOR NOTHING!!!!"

Yeah, as long as it's a Gulfstream, I'll fly it for whatever they will pay me. They are sweet airplanes! If I could only...

I bet you I could peg the operation.

Ill have to add one to that, G-450 FO out of SoCal who got typed when company sold smaller jet, promised pay raise after type, never got the raise. So now he is making 50k right seat G450, international trips constantly, request for raise 6 months after type... denied. Pretty sure he gets like 3 hard days off a month. ... Yeah.

Ill have to add one to that, G-450 FO out of SoCal who got typed when company sold smaller jet, promised pay raise after type, never got the raise. So now he is making 50k right seat G450, international trips constantly, request for raise 6 months after type... denied. Pretty sure he gets like 3 hard days off a month. ... Yeah.
Ugh.

Generally in 135 if you want a raise you go find one. At least that's my experience.

Generally in 135 if you want a raise you go find one. At least that's my experience.
That applies to maintenance as well as pilots. There are still some very solid companies operating G-IVs, but they're getting harder to find.

If he keeps making his bed, he gets to sleep in it.

Back