Seneca down in Kentucky.....

Hopefully that girl has some decent extended family. How can you live with something like that? Especially since she's 7 and probably just starting to realize life and death+family.

Hopefully that girl has some decent extended family. How can you live with something like that? Especially since she's 7 and probably just starting to realize life and death+family.

The situation is an eeriily smaller version of NW255 in 1987 and Cecilia Cichan, with regards to a sole survivor little girl.

Last edited:
:( That poor kid, I was reading the story earlier and I just can't begin to imagine how horrible it must have felt to go through this.
We've all had a time or two in our lives where we felt sad and alone, but good grief... it makes me tear up every time I think of her having to leave them there knowing they were dead, and go out in the dark to look for help.

That little girl has more balls then most men I've met. I'm sure she'll live a great life.

I definitely agree with the first part, and I sure hope you're right about the second. She had the strength to leave her family after that ordeal to go find help. She could have just as easily curled up in a ball and never left.

As @knot4u wrote, I hope she has some good family support.

Really sad to hear. Made the news while I was abroad. Cant imagine going through that. My best wishes for the little girl.

I brushed off the headline that her dad had taught her survival skills until I read that she used a patch of burning debris to light a stick to use as a torch!

When she found help, she was pretty composed, told the homeowner her family was dead and asked if she could stay there.

And the part that broke my heart, she told the homeowner to tell first responders to be careful and not rush, her family was already dead.

You have to admire that sort of self-possession, particularly in a freaking 7 year old. No doubt I'd be a gibbering mess.

Maybe she'll be ok after all.

Amazing how resilient children can be, this story definitely tugged at my heart strings. Whatever went wrong I think dad probably had his hands full of airplane at night in some pretty wretched weather and most likely a panicky family to boot. I don't think any of us really know how we will cope/react until we are actually in the situation.

Just so sad they didn't make the airport.

Bp244

Back