The future of GA

xargos

I've noticed some of the symptoms mentioned in this article around here(it is sometimes dead quiet for days on the field).The cost of new aircraft has one additional (economical) disadvantage: it is expensive for the flight school, and in the end it is the student who will pay the price.I would love to see a new, no-bells/whistles trainer, cheap, taking regular gas, easy to fix etc.Kinda new Cub.

http://www.avweb.com/news/features/GAs-Difficult-Climb-Back222927-1.html

I've noticed some of the symptoms mentioned in this article around here(it is sometimes dead quiet for days on the field).The cost of new aircraft has one additional (economical) disadvantage: it is expensive for the flight school, and in the end it is the student who will pay the price.I would love to see a new, no-bells/whistles trainer, cheap, taking regular gas, easy to fix etc.Kinda new Cub.

http://www.avweb.com/news/features/GAs-Difficult-Climb-Back222927-1.html
As long as you don't put the cub name on it. Using that name means it's instantly worth 100k more. Kind of like how stickers on your Selica give it 50 extra hp.
In fact, lets make it ugly and call it a pacer. 50k brand new, and 10 years from now you can buy them for whatever the lycoming in them is worth.

As long as you don't put the cub name on it. Using that name means it's instantly worth 100k more. Kind of like how stickers on your Selica give it 50 extra hp.
In fact, lets make it ugly and call it a pacer. 50k brand new, and 10 years from now you can buy them for whatever the lycoming in them is worth.
Now that you're back in the greatest state are you looking for a shortwing again?

Z , I meant "cub" as "simple and fun".As far as the trainer: I'd pass on the Lycoming, unless you want to fly the engine itself ($50k+), would make it metal so you can park it outside and restrained from tailwheel so it would be cheaper to insure. Back then Piper built a very popular plane 3x cheaper than the Taylors, cheaper even than a car, so it can be done. Maybe there really isn't a market for it? After all Cessna tried with the Skycatcher but even they with all the know how gave up. So did Piper with their light sport. Maybe the big boys should have called Vans and asked them how to do it :)

Now that you're back in the greatest state are you looking for a shortwing again?
Don't give the Pacer secret away! At least not until I get one ;)

Don't give the Pacer secret away! At least not until I get one ;)
I'm so so so close to buying one. I just can't get the time at the moment to go see them and actually purchase.... and fly it home.

I want one nao!

Z , I meant "cub" as "simple and fun".As far as the trainer: I'd pass on the Lycoming, unless you want to fly the engine itself ($50k+), would make it metal so you can park it outside and restrained from tailwheel so it would be cheaper to insure. Back then Piper built a very popular plane 3x cheaper than the Taylors, cheaper even than a car, so it can be done. Maybe there really isn't a market for it? After all Cessna tried with the Skycatcher but even they with all the know how gave up. So did Piper with their light sport. Maybe the big boys should have called Vans and asked them how to do it :)
I'd be cool with a rotax if the 912 made 50more hp. Although for the purposes originally stated 100 should do. An O-320 really isn't that expensive. Stick it in a chromoly frame, wrap it in some oratex 6000 and do a basic VFR panel.

Back