How does the end of month work?

nodaysoff

As a non airline guy, I am wondering how the airlines handle the transition from one month to the next.

Given that pilots bid for their schedules on a calendar month basis, does every line end in base? How do the airlines have crews in position for early AM departures out of base on the 1st of the month?

I understand some contracts allow you to generate conflicts over the transition to up your pay.

Thanks

As a non airline guy, I am wondering how the airlines handle the transition from one month to the next.

Given that pilots bid for their schedules on a calendar month basis, does every line end in base? How do the airlines have crews in position for early AM departures out of base on the 1st of the month?

I understand some contracts allow you to generate conflicts over the transition to up your pay.

Thanks
Carry in and carry out trips. Or in other words, trips that start in one month and end in the next. Companies pay them differently, but they are all essentially the same.

At RAH you can bid or get assigned a carry over trip, which will result in a "preaward" for the carry-in month. Those month's days count toward "min credit" to complete your schedule.

At Skyway, we had line bidding. If any conflicts arose, your schedule was adjusted and you were pay protected.

Back