Blood in the water!

I would rather ride on the CRJ-900 or the EMB-175 (depending on which seats are in the 175, possibly) than in the 737. Especially a certain LCC's high density configuration.
The new united seats are crazy hard. I prefer a 175 in Red or Blue over an A32X or 737 any day.

10711056_595060802173_4607687264200244066_n.jpg

Someone screwed that up... or just made it up and didn't check it. The 319 having a wing 21 feet wider than the 320?

Amatuers. ;)

You have a point. I've done a few legs on the 757 including LAX LIH and found it to be a much more comfortable aircraft. I guess the speed of the 75 goes by the way of the dollar.
I think exactly the opposite, at least i DALs metal... I'd much rather ride on an a320 than a 737, and especially more than a 757... DALs 75s are very cramped beyond row 20.

When I went to Airbus to check out the A350 (work trip), they did mention to our group that a A321 Neo would possibly have a redesigned wing, just as they are doing with the A330 Neo.

IMHO from a pax standpoint, I'd rather fly in an Airbus than a 737 or 757.

BEEF SUPREME said:
Is it just me or from a passenger perspective the worst possible trip was usually in a 320. Between the operator and the aircraft a long trip in a 320 was generally very uncomfortable.

Yeah, just you. :)

I always prefer Boeing, because not dying is higher on my priority list than comfort, but the Bus is definitely more comfortable. Wider fuselage and wider seats, plus wider aisle for bags like Denny said.

Yeah, just you. :)

I always prefer Boeing, because not dying is higher on my priority list than comfort, but the Bus is definitely more comfortable. Wider fuselage and wider seats, plus wider aisle for bags like Denny said.

As far as safety, the 320 is the most mechanically reliable fleet at DL these days. Comfort and well built!

I don't care about dispatch reliability. I care about not plummeting to the ocean in a perfectly good airplane just because the guy in the left seat can't tell that the guy in the right seat is pulling back on the stick in the middle of a stall.
"Dual input"

Max, sitting in the back preference is way different than riding in the front! The 757 was the thing back in the day when they weren't trying to pack the thing like a sardine can!

Did someone say something, can someone tell me what the above says? All I see is an empty box.

:D

I don't care about dispatch reliability. I care about not plummeting to the ocean in a perfectly good airplane just because the guy in the left seat can't tell that the guy in the right seat is pulling back on the stick in the middle of a stall.

Same thing happened in a Boeing 757 killing 189 people.

Same thing happened in a Boeing 757 killing 189 people.
When he says "can't tell" he means the pilot can't intuitively feel the inputs from the other pilot. The pilot's not "tellling" the captain something, on birgen 301, was a CRM issue and is not related to what ATN is trying to explain.

This is an old discussion about design philosophy on control inputs.

When he says "can't tell" he means the pilot can't intuitively feel the inputs from the other pilot. The pilot's not "tellling" the captain something, on birgen 301, was a CRM issue and is not related to what ATN is trying to explain.

This is an old discussion about design philosophy on control inputs.

You don't need to intuitively see the yoke to know what the guy is doing. Paying attention to the instruments (especially attitude / heading ) would have saved them, when they already knew "we don't have any good airspeeds here."

You can't say Birgenair was a CRM issue and this AF was not? The AF accident was a serious failure in CRM.

Birgenair was a communication and CRM issue, everyone knew the yoke was back but nobody did anything about it. On AF447 the other pilot had no idea the stick was full back until it was too late.

The other pilot was a management guy who flew once every 3 months to stay current. Both of these FOs were Airbus wonders who knew only how to push buttons.

Back