SLC-ATL commute...

I don't commute but I've often tried to get on that flight.. I havnt got on yet but I don't have JS privileges either. Just a lowly ramper

Hub to Hub does suck, unless it's your own metal and you can reserve the jumpseat. The only good thing about hub to hub is that you have tons of 2 hop options to get there.

A lot of people do it so it's doable, but it's one of the worst commutes in the industry. Are you at mainline or a regional?

A lot of people do it so it's doable, but it's one of the worst commutes in the industry. Are you at mainline or a regional?

Regional puke. I'm tired of the south, have nothing keeping me here, my wife and I are young and there's other places/regions I'd like to see while I have the chance.

Atl to slc is very hard, standby lists 80 people plus. Fully loaded 767s each way.

Many times I had to go via st. Louis.

Where do you work? Acey?
Yeah, CR2.

There's an ugly ugly trick where you can go LAX or SEA then back to SLC. I've seen it done many times when you can't do the one legger but it'll kick your buttocks if you can't sleep on a plane.
My thing is that I'm acting first and figuring it out second. Probably not the smartest idea, but seeing as I lack a phd, a moon landing, and Royal lineage, I don't see the Big Three calling my name any time soon and so if I'm "sentenced" to wait x more years, might as well do it somewhere I enjoy.

As for the commute...if I have some earplugs, I can basically sleep in any position, under any circumstance, in any time zone. Scary, really...

There's an ugly ugly trick where you can go LAX or SEA then back to SLC. I've seen it done many times when you can't do the one legger but it'll kick your buttocks if you can't sleep on a plane.

SLC-PHX-ATL.

Two legs aren't desirable. But we have Delta, US Airways/American and Southwest that all fly direct to Atlanta.

Last edited:
i was on a cactus flight once and the CA told me he had been commuting from New Zealand to PHX for 10 years. Yikes

Jesus Christ (same for the Iceland to MSP guy mentioned above).

I wonder how many days off at home he had every month?

As for SLC to ATL? Just the time change sounds rough to me, and ATL? That's where non revs go to die!

i was on a cactus flight once and the CA told me he had been commuting from New Zealand to PHX for 10 years. Yikes

Jesus Christ (same for the Iceland to MSP guy mentioned above).

I wonder how many days off at home he had every month?

As for SLC to ATL? Just the time change sounds rough to me, and ATL? That's where non revs go to die!

Back