SFOish

Autothrust Blue

"Well, on the Brasilia..."
I'll be looking - probably in January but possibly mid-December or so - for a place to crash up in SFO, likely as a reservist commuter. I'd prefer a place where I can take public transit to the aerodrome, but I'll entertain just about any option.

Thanks.

I'd be down to help but I'm in Novato. You would pretty much be limited to the Marin Airporter. All the big pimpin' major airline pilots do it. I'd likely have the pool house, er shack fixed up by then.

I'd be down to help but I'm in Novato. You would pretty much be limited to the Marin Airporter. All the big pimpin' major airline pilots do it. I'd likely have the pool house, er shack fixed up by then.
Thanks; not sure if that would be operationally best.

There've been a few personal catastrophes for me and I might just wind up moving to the Bay area, but we'll see.

Thanks; not sure if that would be operationally best.

There've been a few personal catastrophes for me and I might just wind up moving to the Bay area, but we'll see.

Novato was the best I could do when buying a house. Any closer to SFO on the 101 and it starts getting all Trump status. I lived in Mill Valley in 2010 (lots closer to SFO) and I rented a pretty nice room in the downstairs of a house for about 1000 bucks a month. It was pretty close to SFO and I did often see a lot of airline pilots on the Marin Airporter. Not lying about that at all.

Of course rent has gone up about 10-20% a year since then.

Novato was the best I could do when buying a house. Any closer to SFO on the 101 and it starts getting all Trump status. I lived in Mill Valley in 2010 (lots closer to SFO) and I rented a pretty nice room in the downstairs of a house for about 1000 bucks a month. It was pretty close to SFO and I did often see a lot of airline pilots on the Marin Airporter. Not lying about that at all.

Of course rent has gone up about 10-20% a year since then.
This is the part where I do the same thing I do when it comes to Seattle, and curse the tech business.

This is the part where I do the same thing I do when it comes to Seattle, and curse the tech business.
Same effect when you get close to SFO, especially south of there.... Too close to Silicon Valley.... Big, big, Google/Apple/HP etc. money...

How's the train service out of the East Bay? Oakland/Berkley/Emeryville?

you can also try places on the peninsula that are close to caltrain. the closer to sfo the more expensive, ie millbrae and burlingame. try looking on craiglist at san mateo, belmont, san carlos. all great cities with train service to sfo via bart.

I think Oakland, Hayward or San Leandro would be your best bet for inexpensive housing close it BART. I however wouldn't really want to live in any of those places. Granted my main interest in life is going mountain biking which is why I live in Marin.

uhhh I'd totes live in berkley, what kind of big money dollars does it cost to live there just as a ballpark estimate?

Back