Written exams question

Andrew101

I just signed up for the zero to hero program at atp and will be starting Sept 15th. I've seen a lot on here recommend to get the written done before hand or as soon as possible. Where would I go to take the written exams beforehand? And with the Sheppard air test prep, which one would I select for the PPL, multi engine, ect? I only see the instrument and commercial available on the site?
http://www.sheppardair.com/#

Thanks!

Sheppard doesn't have the PPL written test prep. Just wait and take your knowledge tests when you get there. Just be prepared to take the private your first week. Good luck, study hard and have fun!! Which location are you headed to?

Btw, memorize the supplement for the 172 or Archer (depending on what they fly at your location) prior to getting there. That will help you a ton!

Sheppard doesn't have the PPL written test prep. Just wait and take your knowledge tests when you get there. Just be prepared to take the private your first week. Good luck, study hard and have fun!! Which location are you headed to?

Alright cool thanks! Is there a study guide they give you for your PPL? I'll be attending the mesa arizona location. I live in southern california and they don't offer housing here and phoenix was free so thought why not! Less than a 4 hour drive. I believe they only have the 172 at my location, I'll have to double check on that but will try my best to memorize that supplement beforehand! Do you think I should try to memorize the seminole too or that too long of a ways to go?

If you do all of the ATP groundschool stuff on the iPad and study the Asa prepware for the Private Knowledge Test, you will be fine. Memorize both, it can only help. I believe now they are back to the old way of doing things so your instrument rating should be done in the Seminole. At least that's how I understand it. Any other questions, let me know. I did the zero to hero way starting last November and finished in June. Weather at KPIE held me back a bit as well as examiner availability. Just remember to enjoy your training...I kind of miss it. :)

If you do all of the ATP groundschool stuff on the iPad and study the Asa prepware for the Private Knowledge Test, you will be fine. Memorize both, it can only help. I believe now they are back to the old way of doing things so your instrument rating should be done in the Seminole. At least that's how I understand it. Any other questions, let me know. I did the zero to hero way starting last November and finished in June. Weather at KPIE held me back a bit as well as examiner availability. Just remember to enjoy your training...I kind of miss it. :)

Awesome will do! They sent me the ATP groundschool app for private pilot the other day and and I've been going through that! Interesting stuff, I like the app. Lots to learn but I plan on doing one chapter a day and should have it fully completed by next week! My father has a ppl and has been great aid so far in addition to the app. I did not get any asa prepware yet I believe, does that cost additional money? Awesome to hear you did the zero to hero program too! I'm pretty excited to start it. Only fear I have is failing but I guess that's normal to have. Trying to limit that as much as possible tho!

Study study study! The ASA app is download able to your iPad for around $10. Go through the syllabus exactly as it says and you will be fine. It will have you read in the PHAK, watch a video and then do the ATP app. You need to stay 100% committed to studying in order to be successful.

Study study study! The ASA app is download able to your iPad for around $10. Go through the syllabus exactly as it says and you will be fine. It will have you read in the PHAK, watch a video and then do the ATP app. You need to stay 100% committed to studying in order to be successful.

Checked out the app good stuff! Thank you. Just out of curiosity, how was the transition for you once you got your ppl to instrument training?

My program was different than yours. I did my private and instrument combined and both in a skyhawk. Then I did my multi after that. It was a tough program with a pretty high checkride bust rate so they changed it back to the previous way. Instrument flying is a lot of fun...intense at times but very rewarding.

Back