Part 135, Lear 35 and Citation Ultra, captain positions, Tulsa OK

FltConcepts

I'm helping my company out and posting a job listing for them here on JetCareers. Posted minimums are not rock solid, but should be "approximate" to what's being asked. Must be willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK, or within a 45 minute radius. If you decide to send a resume, reference "jet careers" in the subject line of your email!

I can tell you first hand, that personality and attitude are HUGE for us! Crews for both airplanes are "dedicated", with only two crew members per airplane. Thus, we care about personality, and your ability to perform as a competent, respectful, and nice to be around individiual. Accordingly, if one crew member or the other is sick, on vacation, or if the airplane is downed for maintenance, chances are you won't be flying. The company is not in a rush to fill these positions and has waited to find "the right person" in the past. Pay is negotiable, BUT it will probably end up being very close to the "average" range when compared to the "Pro Pilot, Salary Survey". Lower times could expect lower pay offers. Although, each airplane is different as far as pay negotiations are concerned.

Average days called out per month are around 12 for the Ultra (and were as low as 8 and as high as 18 per month during 2013), and 14 for the Lear. The majority of our trips are "out and back" with an occasional overnight trip every other week, on average. Most trips are of the pop-up variety for the Ultra, and more often than not scheduled in advance for the Lear, but with pop-up's as well. 17 days paid vacation, no hard days off. Above all, safety takes precedence for us, so if you don't like following the rules, or think company SOP's are "discretional", please don't apply.

FLIGHT CONCEPTS (Part 91/135 Citation Ultra Captain - Oklahoma)

7601 E. Apache, Hangar 22, Tulsa, OK 74115

Tel: NO CALLS

Fax: none

Email: mgreen@fltconcepts.com

Part 91/135 flight operation seeking a Citation Ultra captain for

position on aircraft owned by stable and respectful individuals.

CE-500 type rating preferred. A substantial amount of jet PIC

experience is required.

Pilot will be based in Tulsa, OK. In addition to solid pilot skills,

emphasis will be placed on personality and customer service skill.

Approximate minimums are 4,000 TT with 2,000 jet.

Job requires DOT drug and alcohol testing.

ALSO

FLIGHT CONCEPTS (Learjet 35 Captain - Tulsa, Oklahoma)

7601 E Apache, Hangar 22, Tulsa, OK 74115

Tel: NO CALLS

Fax: none

Email: mgreen@fltconcepts.com

Lear 35 PIC for part 135/91 operation. Candidate must be personable

with good customer service skills. Must be well experienced in PIC jet

operations. This job requires DOT drug and alcohol testing.

When applying, please note the following information in the BODY OF YOUR EMAIL:

1) Your Lear 35 TOTAL TIME

2) The date of your last Lear 35 PC

3) Total jet PIC and LRJET PIC

...no hard days off. Above all, safety takes precedence for us, so if you don't like following the rules...

...Part 91/135 flight operation...

say-what.jpg

I was going to reply but apparently you deleted your response. I politely disagree with your company's interpretation of rest rules but thanks for bringing a job to Jetcareers.

Although it's a hot debate all around, I've argued this before, and was told in the past, that if a company doesn't come close to exceeding 135.267 (a) -- 500 a quarter, 800 in two, 1400 in a year -- OR (f) -- 13 rest periods of at least 24 consecutive hours each quarter --, then you technically aren't required to have a hard day off. A day off is a day off if the company doesn't call you.

The FAA, when they come in to audit, they look in the PAST, not the present. So, it's a non issue as far as the reg is concerned, but an issue for anyone who wants a guarantee they won't get a call.

Average days called out per month are around 12

3 days a week flying leaves a descent amount of off time on the table.

Not an ideal way to do things, but that's how it goes.

Last edited:
[quote="Calvin and Hobbs Meter, post: 2225028, member: 22240"OR (f) -- 13 rest periods of at least 24 consecutive hours each quarter --, then you technically aren't required to have a hard day off. A day off is a day off if the company doesn't call you.

[/quote]

No hard days off sounds like 24 hour on call. This is in DIRECT violation of duty and rest rules, and it also sounds like the 13, 24 hour periods off a month is not observed. Those cannot be looked at in the past.

Putting that aside, how can any company not give you hard days off?

No hard days off sounds like 24 hour on call. This is in DIRECT violation of duty and rest rules, and it also sounds like the 13, 24 hour periods off a month is not observed. Those cannot be looked at in the past.

Putting that aside, how can any company not give you hard days off?

It's 13 - 24 hour rest periods in a quarter, not a month. So long as you are not breaking 14 hour duty, and 10 hours of rest in 24 hours, you can technically be on call for as many days as the regs allow otherwise. Some companies don't have enough volume for "hard days off", which is a caveat for many but not all. You could be considered "on call" from the hours of 8am-10pm, and on rest until 8 am the next morning for 25 days out of the month technically. They are basically just stating that, other than the regs are concerned, you'll only get a guarantee of not being called unless you take a day off or whatever. Grey area.

And yes, they (the FAA) do look back. It doesn't matter what you have scheduled two months from now, because that's speculation. What matters is in the past, since that is what actually did happen. They go back and look at your duty times to check that you haven't broken any of the regulations specified above.

It's 13 - 24 hour rest periods in a quarter, not a month. So long as you are not breaking 14 hour duty, and 10 hours of rest in 24 hours, you can technically be on call for as many days as the regs allow otherwise. Some companies don't have enough volume for "hard days off", which is a caveat for many but not all. You could be considered "on call" from the hours of 8am-10pm, and on rest until 8 am the next morning for 25 days out of the month technically. They are basically just stating that, other than the regs are concerned, you'll only get a guarantee of not being called unless you take a day off or whatever. Grey area.

And yes, they (the FAA) do look back. It doesn't matter what you have scheduled two months from now, because that's speculation. What matters is in the past, since that is what actually did happen. They go back and look at your duty times to check that you haven't broken any of the regulations specified above.

I meant a quarter I misspoke. There is no technically about it, being on call, is not being on rest. The 24 hour rest periods are not looked at in the past. A company cannot say that you haven't flown in 3 days, when you were on call, and say those were 3 24 hour rest periods. Yes, rest is looked in the past, and the FAA looks at your 13 a quarter in the past for legality of meeting the requirement, but you cannot put somebody on call, not call them and say thats a 24 hour rest period.

I meant a quarter I misspoke. There is no technically about it, being on call, is not being on rest. The 24 hour rest periods are not looked at in the past. A company cannot say that you haven't flown in 3 days, when you were on call, and say those were 3 24 hour rest periods. Yes, rest is looked in the past, and the FAA looks at your 13 a quarter in the past for legality of meeting the requirement, but you cannot put somebody on call, not call them and say thats a 24 hour rest period.
Yeah, you CAN'T, but I know of several companies that do.

Agreed. Which was my point is that other that the 13 in 24 you could be on call every day.

The planes in question are often scheduled and left with their respective owners on 91 legs, while the crews are sent home back to Tulsa. Specifically, the owner of the Ultra is typed in the airplane and uses it time to time on a personal basis. During those times the crew is guaranteed to not be called. Anytime the airplane is at the home base, crews are on call per 135.267. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
There are some great jobs in Tulsa, this is NOT one of them. I personally have not worked there but am quite familiar, have worked closely with people who have and would advise to stay far away. The guy who runs the operation is known for blatantly lying, poor mx (due to an extremely tight wallet, I will leave religion out of it), insulting pay, and an overall poor operation. My understanding is if the plane is down hard for MX then you get a hard day off, obviously with little to no notice.

All that being said, thank you for bringing a job posting to JC. Please don't take it personally, unless you are RN.

Back