Asia / international experience ?

Box hauler

Hey guys I'm looking to find a good handling agency or a place to find some good info on flying international ( specifically Asia ) . Any tips would be very appriciated.

Hey guys I'm looking to find a good handling agency or a place to find some good info on flying international ( specifically Asia ) . Any tips would be very appriciated.
Take a gander at the threads over on PPRuNe on the Fragrant Harbor and the South Asia/Far East forums. A wealth of info/knowledge there and plenty of pilots based all over there, flying for every operation imaginable. Don't be afraid to hop in there and ask questions. Good guys for the most part who are more than willing to help. That's not to say you won't get advice here, it's just another venue. The wider you explore/cast your net resource wise, the better.

Last edited:
Take a gander at the threads over on PPRuNe on the Fragrant Harbor and the South Asia/Far East and forums. A wealth of info/knowledge there and plenty of pilots based all over there, flying for every operation imaginable. Don't be afraid to hop in there and ask questions. Good guys for the most part who are more than willing to help.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out

I have flown in Asia. I will say the procedures are similar to anything in the USA. You have route sidesteps on arrivals and departures you put in the FMC. China does business in meters, not feet. You have to convert. But it's basically the same. The BIG problem is understanding their Engrish. From Japan to Penang, my biggest trouble was understanding ATC communications. I think it was half my fault cause I didn't do it enough. I honestly think if you are in that environment enough the understanding become second nature. Especially after you've been there done that a few times. Good luck to you. I can see it being a great adventure if you have the right attitude.

Back