Who is going to Sheffield's on Jan 6th?

Richard Pearse

Greetings All and Merry Christmas,

I've been reading the Jetcareers Dispatch forum for several months and just joined today on Christmas. I've been studying for the ADX exam like crazy and I'm currently taking a break from the books to make this posting. I've found this forum to be very informative and full of great advice to people just starting out.

It seems the more I study to prepare for the ADX exam, the more I realize there is an enormous amount of material to learn ! I've been studying for the ADX exam since September and still feel like I'm not ready to take the exam. Any last minute advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am scheduled to begin the 5-Week Dispatch course at Sheffield's on January 6, 2014; a mere 12 days from now. Will anyone else be attending this course?

Thanks !!

Seriously, for the ADX, just memorize the answers from the study guide. You'll learn what you need to at school to pass the O&P, and you'll learn how to dispatch on the job. Good luck! :)

Greetings All and Merry Christmas,

I've been reading the Jetcareers Dispatch forum for several months and just joined today on Christmas.

Thanks !!

Man that is one heck of a Christmas present to give yourself!!! :biggrin:

In all seriousness, welcome to the JC family.

Like Womanpilot said, just memorize the answers. That is what Sheffield is going tell you anyway.

You will be studying but remember to take time for yourself or you will burn out.

The instructors will help you as much as you need it but you have to ask. They want you to succeed.

Congrats and best of luck

As others said here, memorize the ADX test answers. It's easier then you think, and since you've been studying that book you'll remember key words about the answers when you read the questions. The test is the exact format that the book presents and you'll quickly find that the school will put emphasis on just getting the written out of the way. Don't let this put you off. You will learn FAR more preparing for the real test, which is the oral and practical.

You're right, there is an awful lot to absorb and you're going to get a lot of information shoved at you. I absolutely recommend getting a study group together to meet after class and go over the lessons of the day. It was huge for me to be able to do that.

Have you gone through the powerpoint lessons available from the website? There are some 'tricks' that will help, if you're having trouble 'holding it all in'. I'm no rain man, so it kept seeming like everytime I spent time on a new chapter, I would push the oldest one out the other ear...:confused:

pljenkins said:
You're right, there is an awful lot to absorb and you're going to get a lot of information shoved at you. I absolutely recommend getting a study group together to meet after class and go over the lessons of the day. It was huge for me to be able to do that.

I agree with pljenkins. Study groups after class were essential for me. You'd be surprised how much that can help. We all have our strengths and weaknesses so a diverse group can ensure everyone gets extra help where they need it.

The bottom line is that it's overwhelming. You'll feel like you're being fed from the fire hose. But with hard work and determination, you will get through it!

clr4optn said:
Have you gone through the powerpoint lessons available from the website? There are some 'tricks' that will help, if you're having trouble 'holding it all in'. I'm no rain man, so it kept seeming like everytime I spent time on a new chapter, I would push the oldest one out the other ear...:confused:

This is why I really liked the Gleim software...you can take computerized tests repeatedly, either by chapter or random tests including all chapters. For me personally, it made it so much easier to memorize.

Back