Best Care in The Air

Midwest is a perfect example of why that service doesn't exist in the US any more.

After 2001 they ceased to be profitable and were acquired by Republic. The downturn after 9/11 is cited as the reason, but in my opinion the real reason is the rise in online booking. People in the US book the cheapest flights online. That means that airlines compete not by providing service but by cutting costs. There is no room in the US market for quality service.

The place you will find it is in international routes. Many of the foreign carriers offer excellent service, of course benefiting from foreign subsidies, and can usually compete with the US carriers on price.

Midwest is a perfect example of why that service doesn't exist in the US any more.

After 2001 they ceased to be profitable and were acquired by Republic. The downturn after 9/11 is cited as the reason, but in my opinion the real reason is the rise in online booking. People in the US book the cheapest flights online. That means that airlines compete not by providing service but by cutting costs. There is no room in the US market for quality service.

The place you will find it is in international routes. Many of the foreign carriers offer excellent service, of course benefiting from foreign subsidies, and can usually compete with the US carriers on price.

Yup. The walmartization of air travel. "I don't care how good it is, I just want it cheap." Then they bitch and moan.

Nothing like paying 230 dollars round trip from OMA to TPA. And then bitch because you got a middle seat. You get what you pay for, too bad the US population won't ever comprehend that. Or US businesses

This thread again? :p

Americans only want cheap, eh?

Ryan-Air-record-profit.jpg

Here is the current training video for todays regional business model. It specifically trains employees how to board passengers on the Beech 1900 if I'm not mistaken.

My best service would be in the following order.

Air New Zealand
Emirates
Qantas

Our US airlines are so far below pacific and Middle East standard.

That being said I have more delta sky miles than all the three listed above combined.

Still support local grown first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread again? :p

Americans only want cheap, eh?

Ryanair is a good example of a foreign low cost carrier. The United Kingdom also has a significant number, Thompson, Flybe, Easyjet, and the list goes on. So far, they have only really infiltrated what is comparative to the Regional airline market, mainly intra-European.

European transatlantic carriers still offer significantly better service than their US counterparts. For how long, I don't know.

Lots of pride at that airline. I was in Indoc at Skyway when the first rumors of selling the airline actually got strong at the very beginning of the AirTran/TPG saga.

Back