Passed CFII this morning.

thevideographer

After a 2.1 hour oral and 1.4 hour flight I'm a CFII. Both seemed pretty easy compared to CFI, and my biggest mistake was forgetting to press the suspend button on the G1000 (oh how I hate that button). Now it's on to MEI, but I'm probably going to ATP for that so I think I just passed my last stage check at UND :D

After a 2.1 hour oral and 1.4 hour flight I'm a CFII. Both seemed pretty easy compared to CFI, and my biggest mistake was forgetting to press the suspend button on the G1000 (oh how I hate that button). Now it's on to MEI, but I'm probably going to ATP for that so I think I just passed my last stage check at UND :D

Congrats! ^.^

Congrats on your new rating, I just had my CFII inital on Tuesday the 5th with the MKE FSDO just the ground. We could not fly that day I flew back to RFD IFR 003 OVC 1SM ..

Congrats! Just one question...is there a particular reason why you chose to use the G1000 avionics over the old school six pack?

Congrats! Just one question...is there a particular reason why you chose to use the G1000 avionics over the old school six pack?

I go to UND so I don't really have a choice. But if I did have a choice I would go with the G1000 because it is much easier to read, easier to see what you're doing, 10x the situational awareness, and much more reliable than a 6 pack + an old CDI or G430. (and yes, I have flown both in IMC)

I go to UND so I don't really have a choice. But if I did have a choice I would go with the G1000 because it is much easier to read, easier to see what you're doing, 10x the situational awareness, and much more reliable than a 6 pack + an old CDI or G430. (and yes, I have flown both in IMC)
Cool. Thanks. I'm trying to reinstate my CFI/I. I've never flown a G1000 and am thinking about taking the extra time to learn it.

Cool. Thanks. I'm trying to reinstate my CFI/I. I've never flown a G1000 and am thinking about taking the extra time to learn it.

No problem! If you've never flown one before, plan on taking a couple hours just to get used to the basic button layout. There are some online simulators and guides that are really helpful.

No problem! If you've never flown one before, plan on taking a couple hours just to get used to the basic button layout. There are some online simulators and guides that are really helpful.
I figured as much. I'd like to start part timing somewhere on the side and it seems that the majority of new aircraft are going into the G1000 system. Knowing it probably helps you get a job somewhere.

Back