Border agents understaffed because of shutdown?

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
We called to update our departure time with the cbp and they said they couldn't meet us because of staffing. Anyone else have this problem.

Great!

We will have to tell our pax about that for future trips. The agent said if we come in before 8 it will be ok. Looks like we will just barely make it as long as these headwinds don't pick up.

My friends at the local tower are going to be working without pay come October 6.

Thanks, Boehner!

Agents are furloughed, yet required to work without pay.

I thought the 13th Amendment of the Constitution abolished slavery.

Agents are furloughed, yet required to work without pay.

I thought the 13th Amendment of the Constitution abolished slavery.
Not really totally true. That implies they won't be paid, which is not correct.

They'll get paid, just not "on time".

Not really totally true. That implies they won't be paid, which is not correct.

They'll get paid, just not "on time".

With one caveat. Unless you hit a pay cap in a pay period, then you only get paid to that cap. I don't believe there's carryover. Which is why some of the senior supervisors actually lose money if they work too many nights and pull in alot of night differential or other premium pay.

Fight the power, @MikeD. Fight the power.

Bullcrap working for nothing.

Get this: So we get a memo prohibiting us from working out in our gym at work, because they don't want us getting injured potentially. Yet rappelling out of the Blackhawk to a mountainside for a rescue, or chasing down doper ground crews and going head to head in the merge in a helo with the ultralight plane that dropped the dope to the drop zone, in the middle of the night mind you (last night actually); is just fine. :)

Last edited:
Bullcrap working for nothing.

Try 300 years, FOOL! :) (I'm kidding, it just sounded like a witty retort)

Get this: So we get a memo prohibiting us from working out in our gym at work, because they don't want us getting injured potentially. Yet rappelling out of the Blackhawk to a mountainside for a rescue, or chasing down doper ground crews and going head to head in the merge in a helo with the ultralight plane that dropped the dope to the drop zone, in the middle of the night mind you; is just fine. :)

They're high. Working out and keeping your body in tune helps keep you from getting hurt in the line of duty. Myopia just ain't for the annual trip to the Optometrist .

Capture.JPG

Back