Flying Clubs in the Atlanta Area?

jamestlester

Hey guys, first post! I'm a flight instructor operating out of PDK. I'm looking for active, affordable Atlanta area flying clubs. I've seen a few threads about it here in the past, but they were full of dead links. I'm just looking for some affordable opportunities at FTY, PDK, RYY, CNI, or LZU. No, I'm not a GT grad. I wish; that club is literally next door.... Thanks in advance.

Out of PDK, just rental. I have a non-compete with american flyers there. I opened the thread for rental options around Atlanta, though instruction opportunities are welcome.

Out of PDK, just rental. I have a non-compete with american flyers there. I opened the thread for rental options around Atlanta, though instruction opportunities are welcome.

Well getting outside of ATL area will save you some cash. Most of the places around RYY, LZu, etc. have ridiculous surcharges, dues, and fees tacked onto their hourly rate. They have 3 Skyhawks for rent at VPC 2 newer ones and an older one. The nicest one is an 172SP with HSI and autopilot. No club fees or surcharges. They do however give you a $5 dollar/hour discount if you put $1500 on account. It also wouldn't be a bad spot to get to know the guys around since the company that operates the FBO also operates over 40 jets, GIIIs and Lear 35s.

Well getting outside of ATL area will save you some cash. Most of the places around RYY, LZu, etc. have ridiculous surcharges, dues, and fees tacked onto their hourly rate. They have 3 Skyhawks for rent at VPC 2 newer ones and an older one. The nicest one is an 172SP with HSI and autopilot. No club fees or surcharges. They do however give you a $5 dollar/hour discount if you put $1500 on account. It also wouldn't be a bad spot to get to know the guys around since the company that operates the FBO also operates over 40 jets, GIIIs and Lear 35s.

Thanks! Yeah, I found the website. Are the prices quoted wet or dry? Do you know if they're hobbs or tach?

Eagle but I have flown out of just about every school at PDK and I was going to say go talk to Dan Emen. Sp?

Nice. I did pvt-comm with ATP out of PDK, and CFI and II with AF.

I couldn't find Dan E. on the member list. Who is he?

Thanks! Yeah, I found the website. Are the prices quoted wet or dry? Do you know if they're hobbs or tach?

Those are wet prices and they go by hobbs time. Really a good deal if you consider the total price to join some of the clubs in the metro area.

I should also add they offer a good level of service too. They fuel the aircraft, uncover it and the line guys will even meet you and help you tie it down if they aren't busy with a jet. That's usually stuff that is included in the expensive clubs catering to the rich.

Back