Track tips/expenses for taxes

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Anyone have an iPhone app you use to track cities, tips, unreversed meal expenses etc while traveling? (For taxes)

Anyone have an iPhone app you use to track cities, tips, unreversed meal expenses etc while traveling? (For taxes)

If USAirways has it 'enabled', you can download an expense report from Sabre.

Works like a charm.

I just use quicken's app for that. It syncs with you quicken so you can easily access the info in you year end reports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I actually pay to have this done. I send my schedule to the people at prodiem.com, they send it back saying how much I should have collected in per diem for my overnights (MI&E), and I deduct the difference (with some restrictions) on my taxes. Works good. Not sure if that's what you were looking for.

Good to know. I was not aware that tips and per diem were tax deductible, you can bet I will be keeping track of that as of now.

Good to know. I was not aware that tips and per diem were tax deductible, you can bet I will be keeping track of that as of now.
Per diem isn't tax deductible. The difference between what the company pays and the government M&IE rate is 80% deductible for transportation workers.

Example
$5,000 in per diem
$7,500 in M&IE per diem
-----------------------------
$2,500 difference x 80% = $2,000 deduction

I actually pay to have this done. I send my schedule to the people at prodiem.com, they send it back saying how much I should have collected in per diem for my overnights (MI&E), and I deduct the difference (with some restrictions) on my taxes. Works good. Not sure if that's what you were looking for.

Thats kind of neat. What do they charge you?

Back