Your best credit:block ratio month...

89-LX

I think I just had my best month so far, and it got me wondering what others best months have been.

For June, I had 136 hours of credit dead even, but only 71:05 block. 18 days off, no vacation. 4 overnights, and the longest trip was only a 2 day. So 64:55 paid extra beyond what I actually worked. So for every hour I worked, I was paid 1.91 hours. Not too shabby.

What percentage are you bidding, if you don't mind my asking?

I'd bid in the top 10% in two of our new bases, but in the end, I'm commuting no matter what until we get a JCBA and an SLI at the least.

I'd bid in the top 10% in two of our new bases, but in the end, I'm commuting no matter what until we get a JCBA and an SLI at the least.

I'm in the bottom 25%-30%. My original award was 80 hours with 20 days off. Between trips being pulled for low time pilots, cancellation pay, and other credits, that's how I was able to get that. This month, I have 16 days off and 100 hours.

I'm in the bottom 25%-30%. My original award was 80 hours with 20 days off. Between trips being pulled for low time pilots, cancellation pay, and other credits, that's how I was able to get that. This month, I have 16 days off and 100 hours.

Are you still able to normally hold day trips?

Are you still able to normally hold day trips?
It's really a split. Next month is all 4 days except 1 day. Last month was originally a 4 day, 3 day, and 2-day trips that ended up being 6 day lines, and 3-2 day trips.

I'm still learning how to bid better with PBS, but even in the lower bidding percentage, I can typically hold what I want as far as days and credit goes. DTW is mostly a commuter base, so a lot of the trips are 4 day trips.

70:30 Block - 100:07 Credit in May
70:47 Block - 117:15 Credit last month

Combination of bidding, premium pay and trips being taken for IOE.

For this month I was awarded 99 credit. 16 days off, partial weekends (Every Fri/Sat off)

The goal is to make the most money while staying on the ground, aka at home :D

Remember April 2008 vividly (last full month as a Beech 1900 Commander)...

About 187 hours of credit, flew around 119, six days off.

I waited a month for IOE. That equated to 0 hours flown and 75 hours credit. :)

Remember April 2008 vividly (last full month as a Beech 1900 Commander)...

About 187 hours of credit, flew around 119, six days off.

Ouch to the 6 days off. Good check I hope at least though.

And amorris - I wouldn't say even that's not having a life. Could be someone wants to buy a new car, buy a house, pay off a loan, etc, so they bust their butt for one month to have a high check. I know I just closed on a place, getting married next year, so I am trying to maximize now to reduce bills.

I waited a month for IOE. That equated to 0 hours flown and 75 hours credit. :)

That takes the cake for ratio. Must be pinnac....endeavor.

And amorris - I wouldn't say even that's not having a life. Could be someone wants to buy a new car, buy a house, pay off a loan, etc, so they bust their butt for one month to have a high check. I know I just closed on a place, getting married next year, so I am trying to maximize now to reduce bills.
I thought the smiley face was a known symbol for sarcasm. Seggy is one of my best friends. When there is an opportunity to give him crap I take it. God knows he does it for me. I don't mean a personal attack for you wanting to work, but it should be a clear indication we don't make enough money when you have to work nearly the whole month just to save a little money.

Ouch to the 6 days off. Good check I hope at least though.

That takes the cake for ratio. Must be pinnac....endeavor.

I waited six weeks at SureJet, and some guys waited so long they dequalled on landings and had to go back to the sim.

OLOSTFD, mostly because I've never flown an XR and am curious.

Back