Jeppesen offices in SJC

TaxiBack

Plane planes planes
Hi Guys and Gals,

Does anyone know anything about (or work for) the Jeppesen flight planning/following group in San Jose ,CA.??

I applied there years ago when I was still at a regional and never heard anything from them. I know a few people who have worked at Jeppesen but all were in the Denver office. I have heard Jeppesen is a good company to work for but in terms of cost of living Denver would probably be better than San Jose. If you do get a job offer there, remember to take the cost of living (and lack of flight benefits) into account before moving out there.

I applied there years ago when I was still at a regional and never heard anything from them. I know a few people who have worked at Jeppesen but all were in the Denver office. I have heard Jeppesen is a good company to work for but in terms of cost of living Denver would probably be better than San Jose. If you do get a job offer there, remember to take the cost of living (and lack of flight benefits) into account before moving out there.

Manniax, thanks for the info. I live nearby. I was just considering another route other than movin to the East Coast. San Jose is the absolute Worst city to live in terms of cost and rental within the entire Bay Area. The job seems like it might be a little on boring side. And no flying would be tough. But is it at least a step towards the Big Iron? (Does that term date me).
It seems that there is about a 1:1 ratio of airline dx vs service provider dx jobs.
Where is all the excitement? Who gets the most flack?
Who dishes out the most flack? Line Jockeys or Corporate Cool Kats?

I would like to at least get an interview and see what's what.

But is it at least a step towards the Big Iron? (Does that term date me).

If Big Iron to you means a major 121 carrier then no, it would likely never lead to that as it isn't the same type of work nor is it done under the same regs. But if they pay enough then what does it matter? Planning trans-atlantic Challenger flights would probably put some hair on your chest.

Back