Bergen Community College in NJ now has an aviation program

ktsai91

Nice! Now if only they made one in Union County College, I would stay in Jersey. Do you know if the BCC will have a Flight program or just simulators?

IDK exactly, maybe they have a flight training program, but they definitely have an aviation administration degree and the degrees are transferrable to Vaughn College. I used to go to County College of Morris for the aviation flight technology program but I changed it to business administration in the second semester. I graduated CCM with a business degree and transferred to Farmingdale State College in Long Island currently majoring in aviation administration.

I really would want one of the 4-year schools in NJ like Rutgers University or Montclair State University to have an aviation program, preferably an aviation management or administration program but no they don't have it. It's such a shame that Rutgers has all of the programs that you can possibly think of but not an aviation program at all except aerospace engineering. If any 4-year school in NJ, preferably Northern NJ has an aviation program, I would definitely go there.

Yeah it really sucks. I was thinking about going to Union County College to request it, because I know a guy at Linden who has a 152, but can't get any students. I also need to get a degree after I'm done with my ratings. Let's hope BCC starts a Flight Program. I guess they will use KCDW for Pilot Training.

I see. There is only ONE 4-year school in NJ with an aviation program and it's Thomas Edison State College, but I wouldn't want to go there and I didn't list that when I said that there is no 4-year school with aviation program because:

1. I think you need the required ratings to enroll in it
2. It's an adult school and you have to be at least 21 to get in (I'm 21 now but still don't want to go)
3. It's a a commuter school with no dorms at all on campus

The Thomas Edison program is set up so students at Mercer can get their 4 year after completing the MCCC aviation program. It's a good program and I'd recommend it.

I really would want one of the 4-year schools in NJ like Rutgers University or Montclair State University to have an aviation program,

I'd bet its a money loser. MCCC outsourced the flying to an FBO within the last year or two. Just be lucky the program is still around.

I see. There is only ONE 4-year school in NJ with an aviation program and it's Thomas Edison State College, but I wouldn't want to go there and I didn't list that when I said that there is no 4-year school with aviation program because:

1. I think you need the required ratings to enroll in it
2. It's an adult school and you have to be at least 21 to get in (I'm 21 now but still don't want to go)
3. It's a a commuter school with no dorms at all on campus

The MCCC CP suggested I xfer there. I didn't. Though I've got a good paying job in aviation, its not flying. Unless your alternative school leaves you debt-free, take another look at TESC.

I'd bet its a money loser. MCCC outsourced the flying to an FBO within the last year or two. Just be lucky the program is still around.

Yeah, the place I learned took on the flying. Not sure the exact arrangement, but they have both 141 and 61 ops I think. They don't use the old MCCC building and didn't bring any of the old MCCC planes over.

Visited them a while ago though and the operation is pretty sweet. Nice building, two sims, a study area and right on the ramp. Largest benefit I can see though is being able to rent for fun, which I don't think the old MCCC students were able to do through the school.

The owner is a good guy, eye towards safety and a quality product. I'd highly recommend anyone in the area give the school a look, either through MCCC or the FBO route.

Yeah, the place I learned took on the flying. Not sure the exact arrangement, but they have both 141 and 61 ops I think. They don't use the old MCCC building and didn't bring any of the old MCCC planes over.

Visited them a while ago though and the operation is pretty sweet. Nice building, two sims, a study area and right on the ramp. Largest benefit I can see though is being able to rent for fun, which I don't think the old MCCC students were able to do through the school.

The owner is a good guy, eye towards safety and a quality product. I'd highly recommend anyone in the area give the school a look, either through MCCC or the FBO route.

Nope, we couldn't rent. Though who in their right mind would take a friend up in a 152 and expect them to come back! Wonder what they did with the old MC3 planes then, sold off? I'd like to have bought 071. Had an ADF, made it great for solos...NYY/NYM ball games.

Nope, we couldn't rent. Though who in their right mind would take a friend up in a 152 and expect them to come back! Wonder what they did with the old MC3 planes then, sold off? I'd like to have bought 071. Had an ADF, made it great for solos...NYY/NYM ball games.

Ha ha yeah, I think all 3 of the new Mercer Flight Academy planes have an ADF also. I've tuned in to the Flyers on occasion.

No idea what happened to MCCC planes.

Back