DA42

popaviator

The emergency battery provides power to the AI and flood light, but what about the engines? It's an all electrical airplane, but I couldn't find more information about this in the POH.

If you want to know answers to DA42-L360 questions I can probably answer you but I'm sure you are asking about FADEC.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350198834.927467.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350198853.819739.jpg

-From my DA42NG (Diesel) AFM
Emergency Battery supplies Flood light and attitude indicator with power for 1.5 hrs.

Backup FADEC power only lasts 30min :confused:

GENIUS! I guess it would be terribly difficult to have mounted a small PMG for the engine to power itself...

A 30 min battery is a much better idea. :sarcasm:

GENIUS! I guess it would be terribly difficult to have mounted a small PMG for the engine to power itself...

A 30 min battery is a much better idea. :sarcasm:
I'd certainly hope that the word WARNING is included somewhere on the "loss of all generators" procedure that details this "feature."

Still, I much prefer the glide ratio of an unpowered Diamond over that of an unpowered helo.

Still, I much prefer the glide ratio of an unpowered Diamond over that of an unpowered helo.

I much prefer the landing characteristics of an unpowered helo over that of an unpowered Diamond.

A helo can auto into a space the size of a compact car, while a light twin needs 1/2 mile long field with no obstructions.

That's new with the Lycoming engines...the idle on the Thielert motors was set high enough that the thing would float considerably even at idle.

I never flew the Thielerts so I wouldn't know

Surely the glide is much more reasonable with props feathered than just idle, isn't it?

I've never feathered both props in flight...but I'm sure it would increase the glide distance.

Back