Part 91 and PRIA

sky_captn

275HP Lawnmower
If this is in the wrong place, please accept my apologies and kindly move it.

I am looking for some advise regarding the part 91 operators and their share/use of pria. Does one normally fill something out upon hire that kind of starts the " pria trail" with that particular company?
I have seen/heard some part 135 operators not care about any jobs you've had prior unless they are 121/135. Do airlines follow the same idea? Everyone makes you fill those things out as a part of the process, but does anyone know what actually gets sent to your past/present employer?

Depending on the operator they might be able to pass some records on. All the ones I've worked for in the past all the records were my logbook.

Depending on the operator they might be able to pass some records on. All the ones I've worked for in the past all the records were my logbook.
Meaning there was no paperwork/checkrides/etc with those jobs? Same here for me.
Curious as to whether or not say 121 places actually send anything to 91 companies... Generally speaking, there's not much to expect in the form of records from 91, right?

Meaning there was no paperwork/checkrides/etc with those jobs? Same here for me.
Curious as to whether or not say 121 places actually send anything to 91 companies... Generally speaking, there's not much to expect in the form of records from 91, right?
The pt 91 company would have nothing to send them, so there's no point.

Right. That was my thought too.. The reason I asked is because the lady I work for might have a heart attack if I leave.. So didnt want to cause unnecessary drama without knowing whether or not she should expect any paperwork in the mail..

Right. That was my thought too.. The reason I asked is because the lady I work for might have a heart attack if I leave.. So didnt want to cause unnecessary drama without knowing whether or not she should expect any paperwork in the mail..
They shouldn't send the pria paperwork until after you're hired anyways.

My 135 company wanted PRIA paperwork sent to my 91 company as well as my previous 135 employer. There are no record requirements under Part 91, so they can simply reply with a note stating no records have been kept and that should suffice. Mine just sent a checkout type form he used when I first got hired. No complaints.

Just been through the requirements with our POI. PRIA states that *all* employers within the cutoff period must be contacted for records held about the pilot concerned. That doesn't mean that a Pt 91 employer must keep any records, but if they do, they are obligated to comply with the rules & supply the info. If no records held that's OK, but they would be expected to respond with a statement along the lines of 'No records held'.

Just been through the requirements with our POI. PRIA states that *all* employers within the cutoff period must be contacted for records held about the pilot concerned. That doesn't mean that a Pt 91 employer must keep any records, but if they do, they are obligated to comply with the rules & supply the info. If no records held that's OK, but they would be expected to respond with a statement along the lines of 'No records held'.
That makes sense. Thanks!

Back