How does one list for the Jumpseat on UAL?

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Haven't ridden UAL for seven or eight years, scary....

Do you have to call in and list or do you just go in to the gate.

Another pilot I know has been having problems because there was no listing made previous to arriving at the gate, but to talk to a human over the telephone has a $25 fee.

Gracias amigos.

I've only riddle Delta or USAir over the past 8-ish years and its... Scary. :)

Flashbacks of waiting around operations downstairs to talk to the disinterested TWA dispatcher to get a ride or getting screamed at like I was diseased pariah by an American agent because I didn't "meal list"

But you guys don't serve meals. And I'm a jumpseater... :)

Gracias amigos.

I've only riddle Delta or USAir over the past 8-ish years and its... Scary. :)

Flashbacks of waiting around operations downstairs to talk to the disinterested TWA dispatcher to get a ride or getting screamed at like I was diseased pariah by an American agent because I didn't "meal list"

But you guys don't serve meals. And I'm a jumpseater... :)

You in the Sewer? I'll admit, I haven't been to work since May, but it's paper jumpseat forms over in terminal A. I don't know if they're doing electronic jumpseat forms in C right now or not.

Either way, just walk up to the gate, the folks in Newark are, if you'd believe it, pretty helpful considering the crap sandwich they're normally dealing with.

Cool. Yeah in in the Sewer right now.

Hell I was going to fly EWR PHX LAS instead of a nonstop purely out of familiarity with USAIrways but I'm going to be "State Shuttling" over to JFK to pick up my cache of wine and then DAL to LAS.

But then I jut remembered how crappy the traffic is going to be that Thursday. 2 1/2 jetway door to jetway door might be tight.

But I didn't have anyway to stash the stuff here in EWR in between trips.

Oh #mainlineproblems

I had great experiences with TWA. I remember one time I made it to the gate 10 minutes prior in SEA and the agent didn't bat and eye and got me on. And it was almost always first class.

Oh #mainlineproblems

Pffft

Love United for the efficient walk-up style. American on the other hand...can't walk up to a Taco Jet in American colors and just "get on" like I can across the hall at United in Milwaukee.

Derg United is very easy once the gate agent is familiar and CASS is up and running. Just go to the gate and show your ID and passport/drivers license, and you'll be listed in 2 minutes.

From what I've experienced recently, if it's exCAL gate agent (which I'd guess the ones in EWR are) they know how to use SHARES to list you and check CASS. If it's an exUAL gate agent, it's pretty hit or miss.

Bob's got it about right. If you are on UEX, just walk up to the gate. Mainline, IDK (I've always nonrevved.) Also, if you are out of the 130 gates on UEX, all the gate agents are used to Mainline (and INT'L to boot), and look at you as if you are from another planet when you ask for the jumpseat.

How'd you end up in EWR, and did you bring a 75 in? As a DTW-EWR commuter, I'm always surprised/excited to see DL mainline stuff there. Also you guys are WAY better to JS on than UA. They'll treat you like you are lower than dirt...

Never had issues walking up to the gate on UAL as an "off brand," though I don't jumpseat much these days. Seems to work fine when I do, though.

Just go to the gate. The UAL agents have pretty much got the computer issues figured out by now and I have noticed much better attitudes recently. Letting the crew know you are there will also help facilitate getting you on the jumpseat.

Not even so much as a phone call... I am saddened Derg. This is mostly the fault of the EWR gate agents in terminal C but I have found trying to jumpseat on mainline United to be a pain it the butt if I didn't catch the crew on the way down. Its funny, Terminal A is the complete opposite.

I had an issue in Terminal C once, but that was during the whole "software glitches, many don't understand" issues that plagued UAL earlier this year. Most people are getting it now.

Back