Boeing UH-6

I always wanted a Hughes 500 type or variant of them. They always seemed cool. And I would paint it like TC's on Magnum PI.

Pretty interesting! Did anyone notice the desert footage was at the same area that "FIREBIRDS" was filmed? Super Cheesy I know:D

Pretty interesting! Did anyone notice the desert footage was at the same area that "FIREBIRDS" was filmed? Super Cheesy I know:D

No surprise. It's the same area ESE of Mesa, Florence and Fountain Hills, east of the manufacturing facility where Boeing/McD/Hughes did all their helicopter flight testing. Cool area to hike around!

No surprise. It's the same area ESE of Mesa, Florence and Fountain Hills, east of the manufacturing facility where Boeing/McD/Hughes did all their helicopter flight testing. Cool area to hike around!

I was out jeeping with my Grandpa a few years ago up by the Silverbell Mine, all of a sudden 2 AH-64's come out of nowhere about 50 feet off the deck...pretty cool stuff.

Hike? I know of a great trench that runs just south of the 60 up to the base of the large mesa just South of the Thompson Arboretum that is an absolute blast in the Hawk. You need to hurry up and get your AC upgrade so we can go run it.

One of the helo guys I work with has Been There/Done That. The dude is Legit, powerlines in Alaska, fire suppression in the hinterlands, etc etc. And he still says that his best days were flying a Hughes 500 off a tuna boat in Central America. You get him talking long enough and he'll admit that he'd give up the extra engine on the BK for the sheer fun of a 500.

But you do understand that we're applauding ourselves right out of our jobs, right?

The nitpicky kid in me got real annoyed that TC was usually left-seat. Doesn't the PIC sit right seat in a helo?

Pilot normally sits left seat in the MD/Hughes aircraft that I've seen.

Alex.

All our OH-6s were standard right seat. Though they can be flown from either seat, all the starter controls were on the right collective.

That is some pretty cool technology they are working with there. I am with Boris though.... I mean everytime you see stuff like this it is nothing but further threatening the human pilots existence. I know it is an extremely slow process, but it is indeed a real threat a long way out on the horizon.

Back