Sporting Event NOTAMs

comstsa

I'm trying to come up with Scenarios for the FITS syllabus and I'm having trouble finding the NOTAM format for TFRs over sporting events. I did not see anything in the Notice to Airmen Publication, the FAA website, or AOPA website. I know about the "Blanket NOTAM", but i figured there would also be more specific NOTAMs for each event. Does anyone have an example? Thanks

I'm trying to come up with Scenarios for the FITS syllabus and I'm having trouble finding the NOTAM format for TFRs over sporting events. I did not see anything in the Notice to Airmen Publication, the FAA website, or AOPA website. I know about the "Blanket NOTAM", but i figured there would also be more specific NOTAMs for each event. Does anyone have an example? Thanks

Hah, you wish.

No, really.. you WISH.

You're just supposed to know. You're the pilot in command, you're expected to know the schedule of any and all major sporting events in whatever part of the country you may and/or may not be flying in.

Great, huh?

-Fox

You're just supposed to know. You're the pilot in command, you're expected to know the schedule of any and all major sporting events in whatever part of the country you may and/or may not be flying in.

Oh yeah, and the seating capacity of the stadiums, lest I forget.

Yes, I think it's an absolute nonsense TFR, yes it annoys me.

-Fox

It's in 9/5151, a blanket TFR that will not appear on devices which chart TFRs, like a Garmin GPS. Easiest way to avoid them.is fly 3000 ft AGL. Being in New York right now, its amazing the number of people who try/do bust a Yankee TFR.

You're supposed to magically know not only where the stadiums are, what the seating capacity is, and when games are scheduled, but also when the games end. Which we all know happens right on an exact schedule.

Back