Prefered routing

mshunter

I am not sure if that's what it's called, but there are a few airports out here in SoCal that when we pick up a clearance they ask "Do you have the coastline 5 route on board? "

I can't remember where to find them on the FAA website. I know there are other places like fltplan.com etc., but does anyone know the FAA link?

I know TEC routes, but I honestly haven't looked at them in so long because the majority of my trips were to far for that routing. I have Google'ed and can't come up with a solution. I must be searching the wrong string.

Not sure about an FAA link but all TEC routes are published in the A/FD for Southwest United States.

Or in the Jepp airway manual coverage for that area (you do have current charts on board, yes?). :)

Seeing that there is no requirement for charts on board, why would I have them? That's crazy talk!

Seriously, I usually carry just the charts I am planning on using for the destination, and a low chart. The airplane I am currently flying has it all in the MFD. But it doesn't store coded routes that I can find.

Back