Pima Air Museum

nocturnalaviator

Family Man
Company has me based in Benson, AZ for a while. On a down day my photographer and I decided it was time to visit Pima Air & Space Museum in Tuscon, AZ. Have yet to check out, "The Boneyard". Enjoy a few pieces of aviation history!

Attachments

• IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0091.jpg
    IMAG0091.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
  • IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
  • IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
Went there in February, that place is awesome! Going to hit the boneyard when I go back that way in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing!

Back in the day, the boneyard had an all-day walking tour on the 2nd Saturday of every month, where you could walk around and up to the planes all you like; not be restricted to a bus.

In Benson, a good restaurant there is the Apple Farm Bakery and Restaurant, just south of I-10 on the Ocotillo exit. Same road you take to go to the airport, just opposite side of the interstate.

How long you in Benson? I have an ARFF contract around there coming up in a few days or so.

Back in the day, the boneyard had an all-day walking tour on the 2nd Saturday of every month, where you could walk around and up to the planes all you like; not be restricted to a bus.

In Benson, a good restaurant there is the Apple Farm Bakery and Restaurant, just south of I-10 on the Ocotillo exit. Same road you take to go to the airport, just opposite side of the interstate.

How long you in Benson? I have an ARFF contract around there coming up in a few days or so.

Just went to the Apple Farm yesterday, and it was pretty damn good compared to Rebs cafe. I'll be based at E95 for TBD but my estimation is about 2-4 weeks.

I have to get over there to see the B-36! I keep seeing it from the HTA pattern. It takes up a huge portion of the main yard.

I did see that. Back in jerz now but I will say this, I've spent too much perdiem at Turbulence in TUS.

Funny thing about Turbulence. They were applying for renewal of their liquor license, and the city said no. So the owners made the place non-alcoholic, which by law makes it an 18 yrs and up strip club. Then, they advertised around the local high schools and colleges for girls 18 yrs and up to apply to work there as strippers and got a large number of applicants in the 18 yrs old range, who were attracted to making alot of money nightly. Some of these girls were relatives of city council members; and all of a sudden, Turbulence was granted renewal of it's liquor license, bringing the place back to a 21yrs old and up place.

Funny thing about Turbulence. They were applying for renewal of their liquor license, and the city said no. So the owners made the place non-alcoholic, which by law makes it an 18 yrs and up strip club. Then, they advertised around the local high schools and colleges for girls 18 yrs and up to apply to work there as strippers and got a large number of applicants in the 18 yrs old range, who were attracted to making alot of money nightly. Some of these girls were relatives of city council members; and all of a sudden, Turbulence was granted renewal of it's liquor license, bringing the place back to a 21yrs old and up place.

Ha ha nice!! Good times. Got a number from a girl there I took her out for lunch after I got back from Montana, heard some crazy stories she could write a book! Good girl nonetheless, tough job.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

You knew about this and didn't tell me?! This extreme insult, in addition to your inexplicable delay in providing me with a D.A.F.F. patch may warrant an obligatory visit to a certain land feature in which you may be interred, sir.

You knew about this and didn't tell me?! This extreme insult, in addition to your inexplicable delay in providing me with a D.A.F.F. patch may warrant an obligatory visit to a certain land feature in which you may be interred, sir.

I thought I'd told you! Man...Im losing it. I may have to just send myself VFR direct to that certain geographic land feature. :)

Yeah, since it went non-alcoholic, it went full nudity and down to 18 and up. Then, the events I described transpired....apparently with daughters of council and city members taking part, and things magically changed.

Back