weirdness...

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Okay.

I posted a question here asking about whether or not the forum underwent some kind of maintenance routine around 7am EST. I figured it was an indexing routine or something, because it doesn't happen every day, but when it does, it's usually around this time. Call it every other day via my anecdotal-data-gathering.

I post the thread, and the forum errors out and says the server didn't respond in time. I come back 20 minutes later and try again, and this time the thread is posted twice.

So I try to delete the thread, and it says I don't have permission. Weird. I try again, denies permission. So I try to edit the second post to indicate WHY there was a double post and it says I don't have permission.

I back out of the forum, return and BOTH threads are gone.

So there are two issues as I see it:

1) Forum gets very sluggish and unresponsive often around 7am EST.
2) Forum sometimes says one thing but does another.

It's probably a needle in a haystack to chase down in the log files, so it's not that big a deal to me. But I'll try and pay very close attention to the behavior and let you know if it happens again.

Some additional info:

weirdness.JPG

Yeah, it runs some backup routines about 0700. I can probably start them earlier.

Thanks. Some of us East Coasters are actually up and moving at 0700. If JC isn't working in the morning, then I have to interact with the other adults at the school bus stop, and that is unacceptable!

Thanks. Some of us East Coasters are actually up and moving at 0700. If JC isn't working in the morning, then I have to interact with the other adults at the school bus stop, and that is unacceptable!

I will make proper adjustments.

I figure any pilot up at that hour is either too busy suiting-up or sobering up. Or both.

See, Steve will actually ready our post.

Me, I just skim for compliance because some you guys go on and on and on and on and ONNNNNNNNNN and I get bored because some can't make a point without rambling on for 2 Terabytes! :)

Sent from my TRS-80

Should that really say "See, Steve will actually read our posts."???

Was that a test?

Derg is trying to digest what looked like curry chicken for lunch. He might be a bit preoccupied. We'll see if he makes it to sign in.

Back