Uniforms and flight instruction.

Now part 135 cargo and same thing, at least this is more of a professional job worthy of the uniform.
I vehemently disagree. My uniform shirts are the most disgusting articles of clothing I own. They have no place being worn in those aircraft. If they want to wash the planes once a week and install A/C on all of the aircraft... ok.

as long as it wasn't this captain's uniform, you've got nothing to squawk about

judge_reinhold_from_fast_times.jpg

I've got to dig up the picture I have wearing my smokey the bear trooper hat with my Dave Clark's. Don't worry folks, it was a joke.

Ok, maybe I'm just getting old and don't know all the slang anymore, but what the hell is a "duck face?"

For things like I always look at urban dictionary for an unabashed answer:

Duck Face:
Stupid facial expression put forth by stupid women that don't know how to smile. The Duckface is made by moving both lips has far up and outward as possible. Commonly seen in photos of slutty women where the lighting is too high up or they're taking photos of them self in the mirror.
She put on a duckface the moment she pulled out her camera.

Duck Face: Stupid facial expression, as described above, usually done by teen and pre-teen girls thinking they're looking "sexy" when in reality they look like a duck.

I shouldn't say that. It's insulting to ducks.

Duck Face: Stupid facial expression, as described above, usually done by teen and pre-teen girls thinking they're looking "sexy" when in reality they look like a duck.

See, its not the tween/teens that I see guilty of duck face the most - its adults.

And really, how can they not know how stupid it looks?

sadly I know people my age who do that on FB.

looks like I'm gonna have to change my facebook profile picture tomorrow, too many haters 'round here...

See, its not the tween/teens that I see guilty of duck face the most - its adults.

And really, how can they not know how stupid it looks?

I have seen that face a lot in college/20-something girls too. And yes, how CAN they not know how incredibly stupid it looks?!!

It's not "pouty", it's not "sultry", it's not remotely attractive in ANY way, shape or form!!

What I see most in women my age is the "magnetic head syndrome". Where, when a photo of a group of women is taken, they all try to put their heads as close together as possible, as if their heads are joining together by some strange, invisible, magnetic force. Not nearly as bad as "Duck Face", but still kinda weird looking.

To the OP...don't fret too much about how foolish you may have looked in the past. It's entirely possible you look just as foolish now. As for uniforms - I think it is funny. As for attire - I think whatever allows you to comfortably climb in the back of a Cub or Champ to give instruction is the key. If you're flying around in a 172/150/Cirrus/Diamond/nosegear airplane - it isn't your quasi-airline uniform that is making you look foolish.

highalt41 said:
I used to wear cowboy boots, shorts, and skoal.. Professionalism

Ive been accused of dressing with my own sense of fashion but I have yet to sport or see cowboy boots and shorts worn together, and I lived in Wyoming for 8'years.

I wore an open Hawaiian shirt over a bikini top and shorts, a "uniform" that stuck with me in my freight days. The students I got were the ones who had been dreaming about learning to fly their whole lives, and only now could afford it, not career pilots. The only "duck faces" they saw were the ones they shot (Arkansas has the best duck hunting anywhere)!

I can't wait to retire, if only to burn my pile of marching-band inspired uniforms. I can't imagine having to wear that sucker from the discovery flight on up.

Back