Thank You Doug & Kristie, Mods and fellow forum members

exneophyte

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I feel like it needs to be said. THIS FORUM IS GREAT!! I recently posted in "The Welcome Wagon" section of a CDL trucker forum as a new member. My wife is looking at new positions and a few of them are in Anchorage, AK and I had this thought that I might consider training to get my CDL and moving our stuff out there from Minneapolis ourselves in a tractor-trailer.

Sure it's probably a stretch, but I think would be an adventure. I was hoping to generate a legitimate discussion of if it was even remotely feasible and instead got the following response:

Sure, buy a truck and haul your stuff up there. What could possibly be so hard about driving a truck?

This kind of nonsense is what the general public thinks we do. So simple anyone can do it.

I'm not even going to respond to it, but I really wasn't trying to minimize their expertise and was actually trying to leverage it. This forum is welcoming to new people with "stupid" questions and for the most part they don't get sarcastic, flaming responses like that. Thank again for this forum and community!

Wow, I hadn't seen that thread as I spent the day taking care of my mother in laws household chores who is recovering from breast cancer surgery and whose husband is 600+ miles away trying to support the family. . This in general has not been my experience on Jet Careers. I can see why that thread might look suspicious, but if I see something I think something is not worth my time I ignore it instead of feeling the need to use internet cajones to prove how superior I think I am.

Back