Prepping for SimCom in a BE20

sr22driver

what had happened was...
Just got the call that I will be attending PIC training in the 200! I have been sitting right seat for 25/30 hours and should have about 20 hrs of left seat time before class.
What do I need to study to prepare for training? I'm thinking the POH is going to be my best friend for the next month or so. Is there anything yall have seen that would help?

I was there years ago for the King Air. POH is really about it...know the limitations before you get there. Other then that read the systems and get an idea about them. They will explain more in depth about them in ground school.

I love flying King Airs, Have fun!

Pretty easy stuff. Know the basic numbers for your aircraft and general systems. Does someone else you know have a SimCom manual from their class time? Those are pretty helpful and put all the systems and operations in plain English.

I was there about a month ago for 90 training, but spent half my time in the 200. I wouldn't worry about anything, especially with time in the plane already. Which location you going to?

I was there about a month ago for 90 training, but spent half my time in the 200. I wouldn't worry about anything, especially with time in the plane already. Which location you going to?

I'm going to Orlando

Pretty easy stuff. Know the basic numbers for your aircraft and general systems. Does someone else you know have a SimCom manual from their class time? Those are pretty helpful and put all the systems and operations in plain English.
I've got the books, just a little overwhelmed by all of the information.

I've got the books, just a little overwhelmed by all of the information.

Here's what I have always done, prior to any type specific training..... always worked pretty good for me, prior to showing up for class, should work for you too: (1) Read the books (POH or "Pilot Training Manual"), so you are familiar with the systems, but no need to memorize them. Put little sticky notes on the pages to mark the places you have questions about, so you can ask the instructor to explain that stuff in class. (2) Memorize the limitations. (3) Read and become familiar with the checklist, but memorize the red/bolded emergency procedures. If you do these things, you will have no problems in class, and be waaaaaay ahead of others who have not similarly prepared. (You will find that following this sort of "pre-show-up-for-class study method becomes more important the older you get!)

Thanks for all the input. I'm looking forward to it and I hear there is a very good "Steakhouse" nearby.

Back