Furlough tracking

50 more at AE effective April 5. Still no offer for LTLOAs, even though there would be plenty of takers.

Now what exactly is their deal over at Comair? Is there some sort of plan in the future other than to continuously cut?

I read in AirLinePilot that they are going to cut 10 more planes and only have around 25 planes? I guess I don't know all the details and maybe I am wrong... So far, though, I feel bad for those guys. They have fought a terrible battle over the past 5-7 years. Every time I do a CVG turn, I stare over at that terminal and wonder what's going on in Comair's corner of the world.

They remain ALPA and have my support.

At what point would the pilots just jump ship and let it sink? I can't imagine being a long time captain and going back to regional FO pay.

At what point would the pilots just jump ship and let it sink? I can't imagine being a long time captain and going back to regional FO pay.
If they had anywhere to jump to they'd do it, but the only thing worse than being a year 5 FO is a year 1 regional FO.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

If they had anywhere to jump to they'd do it, but the only thing worse than being a year 5 FO is a year 1 regional FO.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

True. Handcuffed until forced out can suck. I can't imagine what upgrade times will look like at Comair once all the shrinking is done.

When the shrinking is over what will the final pilot group look like? APC shows 801 pilots before furloughs started.

True. Handcuffed until forced out can suck. I can't imagine what upgrade times will look like at Comair once all the shrinking is done.

When the shrinking is over what will the final pilot group look like? APC shows 801 pilots before furloughs started.

Until things start moving again up the stream, I'd imagine most regionals (with the exception of maybe GoJets) will have rather long upgrade times. ASA/XJT might be second in line as far as upgrades go. Maybe PSA or Commutair. Colgan/Mesaba won't even be around come December 1st, Eagle is heading in the wrong direction, Comair is shrinking, Pinnacle is already looking at a 5-6 year upgrade BEFORE we start parking Saabs, Q400s and -900s. Like I said in another thread, depending on how the quotas shake out on the -900 and how many we eventually furlough, I might be looking at the right seat here again, and I've been here going on 6 1/2 years.

Back