Empire

skatergeek

Beet Farmer
Does anybody know what the schedules are like for these guys, is it the typical 5 on 2 off? Also, if you start in the ATR as an FO, is it possible to switch to the C208 once you meet the mins? Thanks.

I know that this is old post but I have found that Empire is hiring again and I was wondering the same things...

They called me for a phone interview a couple weeks ago. I just couldn't re locate up to AK. To far north for my blood

Does anybody know what the schedules are like for these guys, is it the typical 5 on 2 off? Also, if you start in the ATR as an FO, is it possible to switch to the C208 once you meet the mins? Thanks.
ATR schedule is usually 4 on 3 off, because Saturday freight is usually light enough that they fly it on a caravan instead. You have PTO at Empire, not sick time. Also, you get a certain amount of what they call "RX" time every month depending on your run, it usually works out to be about 3 weeks on and 1 off on the ATR.

Caravan is standard usually Monday PM through Saturday AM, but there are a few runs that are Monday PM through Friday AM, and maybe even a few out and backs but these are the odd man out and probably have a guy holding onto them like a death grip.

Yes, you can be hired into the ATR and then go to the caravan, you can also get hired into the caravan then go into the ATR as an FO. If you do the latter you keep your caravan captain pay as an FO I think for 12 or 18 months, then if you haven't upgraded you fall back down to ATR FO pay.

ATR schedule is usually 4 on 3 off, because Saturday freight is usually light enough that they fly it on a caravan instead. You have PTO at Empire, not sick time. Also, you get a certain amount of what they call "RX" time every month depending on your run, it usually works out to be about 3 weeks on and 1 off on the ATR.

Caravan is standard usually Monday PM through Saturday AM, but there are a few runs that are Monday PM through Friday AM, and maybe even a few out and backs but these are the odd man out and probably have a guy holding onto them like a death grip.

Yes, you can be hired into the ATR and then go to the caravan, you can also get hired into the caravan then go into the ATR as an FO. If you do the latter you keep your caravan captain pay as an FO I think for 12 or 18 months, then if you haven't upgraded you fall back down to ATR FO pay.
If you work for a different feeder as a caravan captain can you do the same?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If you work for a different feeder as a caravan captain can you do the same?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
I don't know, I have an interview on the 25th, I'll tell you then.

I have heard of keeping your longevity when you get hired at a different feeder, but I doubt they'd start you with caravan pay unless you flew a caravan for them though.

I was just hired the otherday for ATR FO, and I actually had a couple question. I understand it may not be at every base or an entire week but to one week off is that usually given at one time or broken up. I don't plan on commuting during the weekends but if you get it all at one shot it be nice to go home and see the family for a few days. Also for training are you trained in the 42 and the 72 or just one, I kind of wanted to get a head start and start learning some systems and the part 121 supp. regs.

As far as keeping the pay for the Caravan, I was told you have to fly the van for 3 years before you can keep your salary, aand that it would be for 18 months.

I was just hired the otherday for ATR FO, and I actually had a couple question. I understand it may not be at every base or an entire week but to one week off is that usually given at one time or broken up. I don't plan on commuting during the weekends but if you get it all at one shot it be nice to go home and see the family for a few days. Also for training are you trained in the 42 and the 72 or just one, I kind of wanted to get a head start and start learning some systems and the part 121 supp. regs.
The RX time Empire schedules for you, sometimes it will be an entire week and sometimes it will be mixed in. It just kind of depends, if your base is fully staffed you can expect some reserve time as well. From what Jon and Mark (captains in Midland) tell me the lady who does it is really nice and can work with you if you need certain days off.

I believe you're trained in the 72 and they do differences in the 42, it may be the other way. I know they use Flight Safety Houston for the ATR. The 42 is a little slower, climbs a little bit less, and has torque/power bugs that you aim for when you set take off power, where as the 72 has a detent and it is done by computers. I don't know any other differences, but I imagine there are a few.

What base did you get hired into?

As far as keeping the pay for the Caravan, I was told you have to fly the van for 3 years before you can keep your salary, aand that it would be for 18 months.
Ah, I guess that makes sense...

Thanks for the info. Sanata Barbara and Rapid City were open so I picked Rapid City. Keeps me between MI and AZ, my girls will probably stay in AZ for a while and I have drill in MI once a month. They told me there are three people at my base, and that I'd fly about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks, and then be on reserve for a week, if I remember correctly. It's too bad you can't leave Friday mornings because that would make it commutable, although I don't have any experience with CASS. I did see Allegiant has a flight from Rapid to Phoenix Mondays and Fridays.

Back