Meeting in OKC today?

atlguy

Hey everybody, I read somewhere here that there was supposed to be a meeting in OKC today, March 22. Does anyone know if that meeting happened and what they were going to be discussing? I only have 9 months til I turn 31, so I'm hoping they are making plans for pubnat8 folks, like myself...

In a way, I don't even want to know if this is happening. Our friends over at SM are pretty positive that the "panel" is "meeting" this week. Being a CSEL/CMEL/INS and not CTI/VRA, I am choosing not to get my hopes up; I am borderline giving up on this whole thing anyway. Let's just assume that a bunch of old farts from the "agency" are getting together to throw darts and have a beer.

(For all we know, this may be closer to what the selection process actually is...)

Hey everybody, I read somewhere here that there was supposed to be a meeting in OKC today, March 22. Does anyone know if that meeting happened and what they were going to be discussing? I only have 9 months til I turn 31, so I'm hoping they are making plans for pubnat8 folks, like myself...

If you turn 31 in 9 months, I sure hope you're a veteran, have previous ATC experience, or are personal friends with a senator, because otherwise there's absolutely no way that a pubnat8 candidate will have a TOL before December.

No, it's a VRA panel. Their ref list recently came out

Pretty sure everybody's being considered for this one, minus PUBNAT8, who wasn't included on the referral lists.

Selections start Tuesday, go till Thursday, and will be sending out emails in the usual "2-4 weeks".

i agree. I know for a fact that my name is on the list of people being looked at by my preferred location. I'm as OTS as they get. I don't know if i'll get picked, but i know they are looking at me. so i would say that that would go for all other qualified applicants as well.

my question is: can we call and ask if we got selected before we are contacted by them. I need to know b/c my job is ending and i either have to move on with life or find another half-ass'd job until pepc and OKC.

(P.S. i know my name is on the list b/c i know a manager at the location, not from the HR guys)

i agree. I know for a fact that my name is on the list of people being looked at by my preferred location. I'm as OTS as they get. I don't know if i'll get picked, but i know they are looking at me. so i would say that that would go for all other qualified applicants as well.

my question is: can we call and ask if we got selected before we are contacted by them. I need to know b/c my job is ending and i either have to move on with life or find another half-ass'd job until pepc and OKC.

(P.S. i know my name is on the list b/c i know a manager at the location, not from the HR guys)

Until you get the e-mail from HR that states you have been selected, you technically haven't been selected. I've been waiting for a class date for over a year now, and even after I was selected and got my clearances done, my HR rep said to NOT quit my day job and to just continue like nothing ever happened, because you never know how long of a wait you will actually have from panel selections to class. I would recommend you get another half-assed job for now or start collecting the unemployment checks.

As a side note, avoid calling HR to see if you were selected. We did that last year after word got out that panels had happened, curious to see if we were selected, and we actually ended up causing the HR reps to stop answering their phones. You won't even get your rep until the PEPC planning begins, so sadly, it's a hurry up and wait scenario.

What jerms said. Don't call them; they're not supposed to tell you and may not know anyway.

And unless you want to coast on savings for a long time, just get started on another job. It can easily be a year or more from when you receive your TOL. Don't plan your life around the FAA... they're completely unreliable when it comes to timelines.

Seems like on SM, a bunch of CTI guys didn't even get selected... so that pretty much means anyone hoping to get picked up as an OTS applicant is SOL...

Seems like on SM, a bunch of CTI guys didn't even get selected... so that pretty much means anyone hoping to get picked up as an OTS applicant is SOL...

Hello family business!

Each day the allure grows stronger! Now if even the CTI degree doesnt do it, i'm feeling that i've wasted almost 3 years on this process. Oh well!

I know I have a better chance of winning next year's American Idol than getting selected from PUBNAT 8, and my voice makes cats cry (literally). It's over, folks.

I know I have a better chance of winning next year's American Idol than getting selected from PUBNAT 8, and my voice makes cats cry (literally). It's over, folks.

I can't speak for you personally, but its far from "over" for WQ's in PUBNAT 8.

So from what I understand, no OTS (regardless of PUBNAT#) have been notified/have ASAP changes since this march panel meeting. Perhaps they are informing VRA and CTI first. I am not letting down yet..I think they just have not finished confirmation e-mails with everyone yet.

So from what I understand, no OTS (regardless of PUBNAT#) have been notified/have ASAP changes since this march panel meeting. Perhaps they are informing VRA and CTI first. I am not letting down yet..I think they just have not finished confirmation e-mails with everyone yet.

I dont know, by updating their ASAP page with "someone else has been chosen" that pretty much says their done with those people.

If a CTI cant make it, or a VRA, us OTS'ers are screwed!

I guess I get to give my last few falling jabs at this as hopefully I can apply CTI next semester....if that doesnt work out, see ya!

If you REALLY want to do ATC, you could always join the military. The Army, Navy, and Air Force all do Air Traffic Control.

Back