Comair Article

H46Bubba

Hmmm might need to step up the job hunting efforts!:rolleyes::(

Comair continues to fade away

By James Pilcher • jpilcher@enquirer.com • October 16, 2009

In the past 10 years, Comair has gone from a homegrown success story to a barely recognizable name, at least in national aviation circles.

Once the center of the domestic regional airline industry, the Erlanger-based airline is now struggling to keep its market share - all the while seeing parts shipped to other subsidiaries or to other airports by corporate owner Delta Air Lines.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20091016/BIZ01/910180311/

I was in the Comair jumpseat last week and the CA told me that 25% of the pilots would be furloughed by the end of the year. That sucks to say the least. Good luck.

I was in the Comair jumpseat last week and the CA told me that 25% of the pilots would be furloughed by the end of the year. That sucks to say the least. Good luck.
I think I heard back to hire date around 05´, if I remember it right.:(

I worked there from Nov 2002 to Nov 2004 -- a brief two-year stopover after having been furloughed by US Airways.

If I was still there (and thankfully i'm not) I think I'd be pretty upset by all of this. Very sad.

I think I heard back to hire date around 05´, if I remember it right.:(

Actually it's about 31% of the pilot group. Sept '06 to still be employed after 1/1/2010. It could be worse. Remind me to find my guidance coun. from high school and give him a big fat weggy!!!!! "All you have to do is go to college and build your time." Just kidding but truley his words.

Back